SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The new Tudor's use an in house movement of I'm not mistaken.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

I think those are only in the "Heritage" line, at least, so far.

Could be a sign of things to come, though.

I could really go for a "style" series. Maybe in 38mm.

I have tiny, wimpy wrists, so I should stay with the smaller watch faces.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

Have you seen the Black Bay 36mm just announced?

I go back and forth on the Black Bay something fierce. I really like the way they look, especially the "old" model with the ETA movement that has a simpler dial. But I have a hard time justifying buying one given that I already own a Sub. But, on the other hand, all my divers are date models so maybe I "need" a no date diver?

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wow, I quite like that Black Bay!
What are those going to run?

Anyone see the limited edition Valtteri Bottas Oris? I'm on my phone & can't link it right now, but I really like how it looks. It's a 44mm, so again don't know if it would be too big for my wrist.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
quote:

I go back and forth on the Black Bay something fierce. I really like the way they look, especially the "old" model with the ETA movement that has a simpler dial. But I have a hard time justifying buying one given that I already own a Sub. But, on the other hand, all my divers are date models so maybe I "need" a no date diver?

I saw that one on their website last night. A very handsome watch!

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that Citizen you posted a picture of is very similar to the one I own. Its tough as a tank. Over three years old and not a scratch anywhere, even the glass. I received a double discount at Macys. (Christmas and opening a charge account) I bought my wife a $135.00 Citizen Eco drive (not radio controlled) and its good for 3 seconds a month. Somebody at Citizen must have a sense of humor.

Posts: 705 | Registered: April 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
quote:

I saw that one on their website last night. A very handsome watch!

I think I want one of these, first.

-ShneaSIG

posted Hide Post
I like the Tudor Ranger heritage. Looks very classic yet rugged. Like a Rolex explorer 1 but on a canvas strap that evokes exploring in the jungles

Posts: 4752 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
I like the Tudor Ranger heritage. Looks very classic yet rugged. Like a Rolex explorer 1 but on a canvas strap that evokes exploring in the jungles

That IS nice. Too bad I don't have $2500 lying around.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could probly ge it for closer to 2200 if you shop around. I am surprised it's a 41mm. It doesn't look that big
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:

That IS nice. Too bad I don't have $2500 lying around.

Posts: 4752 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
You could probly ge it for closer to 2200 if you shop around.

Don't let my "Near Seattle" location fool you; I don't work for Microsoft, Amazon, OR Boeing. $2500 or $2200, it might as well be 2.5 million. ;-)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
Given the lazy evening after a big brunch, a lume shot of one of the watch boxes seemed like a good thing to do.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'll play Tudor, but I have to use a pic from my archives. Sold this a year or so ago.

Tudor "Small Rose" cal 390 with a waffle dial. Circa 1958. 34mm and wore just perfectly!

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
That's classy, r0gue! Brilliant!

-ShneaSIG

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Found the satellite Citizen in a local shop in the mall, fills my wrist, but I don't think it's too big. Will be shooting Dave and email to get an estimate.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This years Pelagos is also in house.

Posts: 763 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Wow, I quite like that Black Bay!
What are those going to run?

Anyone see the limited edition Valtteri Bottas Oris? I'm on my phone & can't link it right now, but I really like how it looks. It's a 44mm, so again don't know if it would be too big for my wrist.

Found a couple images of it: Sounds like it has a full carbon fiber case

No idea what MSRP is on it, but something in me wants one.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Some do, but not all. They are all nice watches.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
You could probly ge it for closer to 2200 if you shop around. I am surprised it's a 41mm. It doesn't look that big

They look that big on your wrist. They are all dial, with little bezel, and you might almost think they were 43mm on. I really liked the watch until I tried one on, and then found it to be too big.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
From Russia with love:

A $40 eBay special Vostok. Hardly haute horologie but kind of neat to own nonetheless.