SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As much as I like the Rolex Daytona, the Omega Speedmaster is even nicer!

Unfortunately, I think the GMT-Master I bought new in 1983 will be the only really nice watch I can ever afford. Fortunately, it's still working fine after all these years despite showing some wear.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The Speedy looks great. That is one of the few chronos I'd consider.

Yup. I don't like chronos, but the Speedmaster speaks to me.

I had the Planet Ocean and a base Seamaster. Nice watches. I want a new Speed, the 44.25mm version with the Co-Ax auto movement and display back.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Good Lord! If somebody doesn't post something, the watch thread will go to page two!

I haven't bought anything. I'm on a sell down. Two that are gone since my last post. I'm almost out of watches! Smile

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I like that 2nd one Rogue.
Waiting on my Movado to come back from the jeweler for a battery. Been wearing a Fossil since. Feels heavy & bulky by comparison.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Man, that Geophysic is nice looking.

Here is the Jaeger LeCoulter for me. I love a moon phase complication.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Geophysic was the perfect watch but for a little too faux in the fauxtina (imitation patina) on the hands. Finally had be feeling weird about it. The rest of it -- every element of it -- was EPICALLY AWESOME! It is gone now. Off to make someone else happy.

The moonphase is a great complication in that it gives such opportunity for color. I like a few of the Glashutte Original moonphases as well as the JLCs. My concern with the steep JLCs like this is the hands seem to drop into the dial (legibility). Sooner or later, that would bother me.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like that monochrome look, but I see your point.

Although, an objection for me is that I have a silver on silver Grand Seiko that is that same color scheme - albeit with no moonphase.

I guess I like what I like.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Good Lord! If somebody doesn't post something, the watch thread will go to page two!

I haven't bought anything. I'm on a sell down. Two that are gone since my last post. I'm almost out of watches! Smile

I got the second one! Smile And I'm very happy to say this purchase was all I'd hoped it would be! r0gue is great to deal with and he included a special extra item which is pictured here. Thanks again, r0gue!!!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
But don't the trees
seem nice and full
Picture of Snailfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
...I got the second one! Smile And I'm very happy to say this purchase was all I'd hoped it would be! r0gue is great to deal with and he included a special extra item which is pictured here. Thanks again, r0gue!!!
[/url]

Very nice 6guns! I've got to get one of those waxed cotton straps soon. I just purchased this mesh bracelet for mine, but I don't like it. I'm going to stick with the Nato and Zulu type straps like in the second pic.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Near Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Snailfan, I like the looks of that mesh bracelet as well as the canvas strap! What don't you like about the mesh one? I was looking at the SS bracelet for mine and I may get it.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something a little different

20151107_155425 by Scott Ferrier, on Flickr

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
But don't the trees
seem nice and full
Picture of Snailfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Snailfan, I like the looks of that mesh bracelet as well as the canvas strap! What don't you like about the mesh one? I was looking at the SS bracelet for mine and I may get it.

Thanks. It may not be apparent in the pic, but this particular mesh bracelet is too polished in comparison with the watch case. I had never owned a mesh and didn't want to spend $50-$100 on one of the better ones, especially on a relatively inexpensive watch.
StrapCode has some nice mesh bracelets, and the ones that CountyComm has just started selling for the SR-3 and SR-1 look nice.
This bracelet that I just ordered from ebay for a different watch, looked really good on an SR-1 that I saw online once. http://www.ebay.com/itm/380939...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. I can't find the photo of it on the Maratac SR-1, else I would post it here. I'll post pics of it on the intended watch one it arrives.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Near Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Great pics guys! Glad you're lovin the Maratac on the waxed cotton. I really liked that color (they called it chestnut blanket).

Cheers all!

But don't the trees
seem nice and full
Picture of Snailfan
posted Hide Post
6guns,

Posting a pic of the bracelet that I ordered for the 20mm lug width Marathon SAR, (Ebay link in my previous post.)
Excuse the poor cell phone pic, but this is a fantastic strap for the money. You may want to give it a thought for your SR-3.

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

that's a very good looking strap on that watch. Did it come with the watch or could I get it separate some where?

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I realized over the weekend that I had an excellent 19mm short-length black small-grained alligator strap that I had sourced for a long since departed watch.

A new lease on life! All this time on a few brown straps, even a short stint on blue. Black seems to really work on this one.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Great combo, r0gue!

Snailfan, thanks for the link! Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
A new lease on life! All this time on a few brown straps, even a short stint on blue. Black seems to really work on this one.

Black really does work very well on that. I wouldn't switch for nuttin' now Wink

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snailfan:
6guns,

Posting a pic of the bracelet that I ordered for the 20mm lug width Marathon SAR, (Ebay link in my previous post.)
Excuse the poor cell phone pic, but this is a fantastic strap for the money. You may want to give it a thought for your SR-3.

Thanks for the link

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

classy.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post