SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of lt.speirs
posted Hide Post
I think this one belongs here...

Latest addition to the collection, Omega Seamaster 300M, 007 edition in titanium.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lt.speirs,

Posts: 901 | Location: Europe | Registered: April 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
h2oys,

That is an INCREDIBLY difficult question to answer.

The mini turtle is a watch I consider to be greatly under appreciated. It doesn’t seem to get the love that the SKX, Samurai and regular Turtle get and I am not completely sure why. My mini turtle has been great. It’s actually been one of my more accurate Seiko watches. I love the case shape and crown position too...it reminds me of a Doxa which is a good look to emulate. Wink They are just neat watches. I wouldn’t be surprised if they became collectible as many of the Seiko fans seem to have overlooked this neat little watch. When I was on social media and in Seiko groups I noticed while the mini turtle wasn’t extremely popular it does have a small, very vocal group of fans. I suppose I’m one of them.

Helm is a brand that surprised the hell out of me. The hype surrounding Helm is well earned. When I first learned about them what caught my attention was the fact that their watches are not easy to obtain. They sell out in minutes.

After months of waiting patiently when my Helm finally arrived not only did it live up to my high expectations but it exceeded them. The watch is a f&$@ing tank. The fit, finish, quality, build and materials used are all VERY GOOD. Helm also regulates their NH35 movements so you can expect exquisite accuracy out of the box. Mine is averaging about +1 second a day! I cannot say the same for many of my Seiko watches as they are all over the place in regards to accuracy.

I can’t tell you which one is better because they are both great watches. One thing to consider though is if you have small wrists the mini turtle might be more comfortable.

The only acceptable thing to do might be to buy both. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
WOW! On that 007 Omega set

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
An article on EverydayCarry, featuring 17 nice dive watches: Linky.

Spoiler for stickman: there's a Steinhart in there.

I really like the looks of the Orient in that link. https://www.gnomonwatches.com/...r-rsv-ref-rk-au0306l

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
The only acceptable thing to do might be to buy both. Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your thoughts. Unfortunately “there can only be one”. I’m on the list for the Helm. In and of itself, that may force my decision.

Posts: 3720 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The new green mini turtle is gorgeous. I’m glad Seiko finally decided to add some new colors. Quite a tempting color & dial! I wonder if it’s hard to add a day wheel/dial to the mini turtle? The lack of a day window to go along with the date makes it easier for me to pass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Lume charge before bed. No, I don’t take it off.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
WOW! On that 007 Omega set

Agreed -- that's a gorgeous watch, congrats on owning such a nice piece. There's just something about Omegas...I think if I were to pick one grail watch, it'd have to be the orange Planet Ocean chronograph, that one just hits all the right buttons for me.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Sternglas Automatik on bracelet. David Truong sure likes to feed the habit. I'm going to mix this one up with a black leather strap for variety.

Sternglas by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Catching up after a few days away.

vthoky, Congratulations! You must be thrilled!

P220Smudge, that Glycine is a mobile lighthouse.

Appliance Brad, that Sternglas is sharp, at a very attractive price.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Sternglas Automatik on bracelet.

Brad, Beautiful Bauhaus styled watch that too tempted me in the past. I finally scratched the Bauhaus itch with this inexpensive quartz Klasërn MOT piece with its unusual layered - cut out dial.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Awhile back I posted a pic of my Victorinox diver with a leather band from The Strapsmith. I recently replaced my RubberB band on my Rolex James Cameron Deepsea Seadweller with another offering from The Strapsmith: Black Sharkskin with blue nylon thread. Very comfortable and a bit dressier. I like it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That Black Sharkskin is pretty cool pulicords, I’m going to check those out.
I’m a sucker for nice leather watchbands. I just put my Speedy on a new one that’s Black Sully Premium Goatskin with grey stitching.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1310 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
That Black Sharkskin is pretty cool pulicords, I’m going to check those out.
I’m a sucker for nice leather watchbands. I just put my Speedy on a new one that’s Black Sully Premium Goatskin with grey stitching.

Thanks. The Goatskin looks great on your Omega!

Here's a link to the StrapSmith: https://www.thestrapsmith.com/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Did some messing around today with the Seiko Amazon special

Cool what new shoes do for the look of a watch

Original blue cloth band

Leather band from Amazon with quick release spring bars which are really cool

And a stainless mesh from Long Island watch

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Big Swede!

That's another Seiko I've eyed for a long while.

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You know, I’ve stated before in this thread that I’m not really a fan of mesh straps. I felt the same way about NATOs and now I love them. Condemnation prior to investigation. That Seiko looks great on that mesh strap, to the point where it looks it came that way from the factory.

Maybe I need to re-think this “I don’t care for mesh straps” thing.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I think mesh is the best bracelet material one could have for a dive watch. It breathes much better than most OEM stainless bracelets and handles water just beautifully.

I think it also adds to the aesthetic appeal of many watches. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watch related.
Caught a few minutes of John Wick last night.
What's with wearing the watch face down (on the back side of the wrist)?
Have noticed our CEO at work wears his that way as well.

I sit at a desk all day & it definitely wouldn't work for me. I could maybe see it for a driver, as you could reference the watch without much/if any movement of the hand/wrist needed.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I've all but taken diver watches out of consideration for future buys -- have enough of them as it is, and have grown to like the cleaner look of the standard watch -- but this Chronometer-certified DS Action continues to catch my eye. I'm a fan of Certina's HAQ watches (have a DS8 in blue with the moon-phase complication), and I like that the bezel numbers are a bit squashed/shortened/stretched ala Omega Seamaster, et al, and that there are no minute markers past 14...it's a very clean bezel. I also like the round indices (a feature I've really comes to like, for some reason) and the balanced (albeit slightly top-heavy, a uniqueness that I also kind of like) look of the face. I had a shot at a nicely-priced used one a few days ago, but lost out while thinking-about-it...snooze and lose. I have one empty slot remaining in my watch box, waiting to be filled at some point, so may still pick one up down the road...though I still have a strong pull for a Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono Auto, so we'll see.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post