SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm not big on a day/date & prefer just a date window, but that's a nice Hamilton Tooky. Add in some blue hands & it'd be a real looker.

If/when I add an automatic, I'm liking the Hamilton options I've seen, or a Seiko Presage, without getting into higher $$ options.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Tooky13, that is a beautiful Hamilton! Their field watches are just exquisite! I have a few myself that I just adore.

I am QUITE Tempted to get the blacked out Jack Ryan chrono currently.

I looked at that Jack Ryan and, as you said, very tempting, especially with the movement based on the ETA 7750. However, it was 3X the price of the one I bought, so maybe next time.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Just got a reply from Helm watches. Looks like I am too far down the list to make the current production, unless a bunch of waiting list people decline. Still waiting.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

My Athyha Lamafa watch, a homage to the Seiko 6105 divers watch. I purchased it 5 years ago, wore it daily, but last year quit wearing it for another watch.

When I resumed wearing it, it would not wind. Taking advice from a forum member, I recently sent it to Watch Mann in Ann Arbor, for repairs / servicing. Little bit more expensive than I figured $295, but what good is a watch that doesn't work.

The lume is terrible, but it wore well, and kept good time. I had it on a black Nato strap. Bought this watch from a company in Indonesia for $400, could not believe it quit in just 5 years.

I am somewhat pissed off at something that happened recently. I was in a car wreck before Christmas. In the hospital 10 days, some how my Original Seiko 6309 Turtle I was wearing got gone. I think it was stolen, but can't prove it. I got everthing back , personal belongings, including wallet, smartphone, the hospital did good on that.

I think it got missing on the way to being medevaced. I was not in a condition at the time to worry about a watch.

Sorry about the rant.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You guys are costing me money, I don't think I will spend more than a few hundred on a watch but you just never know.

A Nixon Regulus and Island Watch Islander

I wanted a beater watch and the Nixon fills that bill, it's big but comfortable. 46mm I believe.

I fell in love with the Islander as soon as I tried it on, it's beautiful. Turtle bracelets fit it. might change things up

Movement: NH36 Automatic (self-winding, hand wind, hacks)
Case: Brushed-Polished SS, 45mm x 16.5mm thick.
Back: Engraved screw-in back
Crystal: Double-Dome anti-reflective sapphire
Band: SS Bracelet with a Deployant Clasp
Water Resistant: 200 meters

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting a white-faced diver. That one looks good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To you guys with the Seiko Arnie, how does it wear? Is it obscenely big? I really like the watch but I am hesitant to buy due to size. I am currently wearing a Luminox 4221 which isn’t that much smaller but don’t want to look like I have a hockey puck on my wrist.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That would depend on your wrist size, my left wrist is 8.5" and it fits very well. The band is very comfortable, doesn't pinch or pull hair.
There are some pics a few pages back.

GovX still has them for $339 if you qualify

I am really liking the looks of the tan one too

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
That's a nice-looking diver...there's something about round indices these days that really does it for me. I wish more of my watches had them...my next watch certainly will.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my baby this is my go to watch when I want to wear my nicest watch.

Looking at getting a Rolex Explorer next if they allow me to buy one.

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Notice from Helm last night. They are releasing a titanium Vanuatu in late Feb/early March. Get on the waiting list if you want one. Ti bracelet model priced at $375.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Notice from Helm last night. They are releasing a titanium Vanuatu in late Feb/early March. Get on the waiting list if you want one. Ti bracelet model priced at $375.

RMD

Thanks for the heads-up rduckwor. I've got the 3 original models, the Vanuatu being my favorite. The only negative, although minor, was the weight. This takes care of that... I'm on the waiting list Smile.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post

My Casio "Duro", a Christmas present this year from my nephew, I replaced the OEM resin band with a aftermarket metal one. Wasn't sure I was going to post it, it doesn't compare much with the $300, $400 and higher end timepieces that have been posted in this thread, however I had a change of heart, I am very happy with this watch, my only nitpick is the date window is sort of small, I may a watch shop attach a magnifying window.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206: ...Wasn't sure I was going to post it, it doesn't compare much with the $300, $400 and higher end timepieces that have been posted in this thread...

I love my Duro. I think I posted several photos of it some time back, including a shot of the movement. (Which is actually a lozenge movement normally used for ladies' watches.) I've had mine down to 60 feet several times, and other than the lume being pretty dim it does the job.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I don't think you can go wrong with the SNZG. I bought one sort of on a whim, and I can't find a thing to fuss about. Heck, its power reserve lasts longer than that of my Seiko Sea Urchin. But anyway... at $136, you could have it too. Just sayin'. Wink

Yeah, one way or another, right or wrong, I'm ordering something this weekend. A few days ago, I checked Drop (MassDrop) and they had every SNK version for $77, and when I first checked, the black and green dial versions were sold out. I was going to post about it here, and had kind of settled on buying one with the creme dial, but when I checked after I got home from work, they had sold through. At that price, I wasn't surprised.

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Gotta love that full-face glow on the Long Island model you showed!

That's another box I want to check, is a full lume dial.

I keep reading and hearing about Vostok watches, but not here. I think I even asked about it here and nobody said anything. Has anyone here, say, picked up an Amphibia to dink around with modding? (I'm looking at you, Stickman.)

quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
Wasn't sure I was going to post it, it doesn't compare much with the $300, $400 and higher end timepieces that have been posted in this thread...

I felt the same hesitancy posting a picture of mine this last summer. As I discovered, this is the watch thread and folks in this thread tend to like watches. Smile

Enjoy that Duro, Clubleaf. I think that may actually be the forum favorite "best value for the money" watch. Oh, and you also got one of the ones with a Marlin on the dial. For 2021, they're omitting the Marlin. Something to do with a licensing agreement that expired. Pretty silly, but if it matters to you, the new ones shipping do not have it.

Oh, and good call putting it on a bracelet. The rubber strap it comes with it is useable, but it's about like the plastic sights on a Glock: a placeholder in case you don't have your own better option already. Big Grin

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
Wasn't sure I was going to post it, it doesn't compare much with the $300, $400 and higher end timepieces that have been posted in this thread...

I felt the same hesitancy posting a picture of mine this last summer. As I discovered, this is the watch thread and folks in this thread tend to like watches. Smile

Enjoy that Duro, Clubleaf. I think that may actually be the forum favorite "best value for the money" watch. Oh, and you also got one of the ones with a Marlin on the dial. For 2021, they're omitting the Marlin. Something to do with a licensing agreement that expired. Pretty silly, but if it matters to you, the new ones shipping do not have it.

Oh, and good call putting it on a bracelet. The rubber strap it comes with it is useable, but it's about like the plastic sights on a Glock: a placeholder in case you don't have your own better option already. Big Grin

Well, I figured if a Duro was good enough for Bill Gates... Just kidding. Wink I didn’t know that about the Marlin, that’s too bad, I think it adds a little something to the face and the case back, I read somewhere that the Marlin was Casio’s way to indicate that a watch is good for 200 meters. And you’re right, it really cried out for a metal band.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Here's a video that talks about the disappearance of the Marlin, and shows the new models for this year (Batman and Pepsi bezels). My opinion: They definitely look like something's missing.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
That Casio is awesome.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
That Casio is awesome.

Thanks! I wouldn’t want one any larger than this is, any bigger and it would not look right. It’s interesting to me that when I hold the watch in my hand it feels heavy but on my wrist I don’t notice it at all.