SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Very nice choice of the Tudor, congrats Skalls you did well !

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skalls:
Bought my first watch last month

Very nice choice for a first watch. Be careful though. You're already prefacing it with "First" denoting that more are to come. Wink

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know how I am though.

I don't get 1 sig, I get many. I whole as my hobbies or I don't get into them lol.

Long term plans are to get a few more watches. Rolex gmt batman is likely going to be my grail watch. Not in a big rush to figure out the next watch purchase though.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, this Breitling is beyond amazing. I am so happy I chose the 42 over the larger sizes. Even at 42mm this thing is massive.

The matte dial is exquisite with its simplicity. The printing is thick and double struck to ensure plenty of depth along with the polished markers and logo.

The bezel is sure and has a satisfying click. The ceramic insert is just plain luscious.

The melanese mesh bracelet has a wonderful taper to it like watches of yesteryear should have, not these huge chunky straight bracelets today.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Superocean is dynamite. Very good choice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Nice Tudor and Breitling guys.

Both of those keep heading up my want list each time I see them. The bracelet on the Tudor, with all of its adjustment capacity, shows that the designers focused on it almost as much as they did the watch. .

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the watch family, skalls. Beautiful Tudor.

Mars, that Breitling is awesome. The bracelet is mesmerizing.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Breitling's quality is every bit equal to my Omegas or Rolexes.

The Tudor/Rolex movement absolutely upped their status in the horology world. Charging five grand with an ETA 2824 beating away inside is obscene, when Glycine can do it for $300.

I can understand why this model is a runaway hit with them.

However, I do feel they could have reduced the case thickness by 1mm to get the wrist biscuitness of it down.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The Breitling's quality is every bit equal to my Omegas or Rolexes.

Agree 100%. I have come to regret letting this one go...

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Skalls, the Pelagos is great. Love that color and the square markers. Great choice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I can't remember if I posted a picture of this here. A Helm Komodo. Not an expensive watch at <$400, but a true workhorse of a tool watch. I thought Seiko's had great lume until I got this one.

RMD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rduckwor,

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I like that, looks great. When I was looking at those some months back, the orange dial caught my attention first, but I kept coming back to that white dial with that lume color. It's pretty much surf green, my favorite 50's Fender and GM color. In the pics on their website, it looks more flat. In your picture, I like how it's illuminated in daylight. Here's a few of their pics in daylight:

And yes, the lume looks excellent.

How does it wear? It looks like it might wear a bit top-heavy, but you never know.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

How does it wear? It looks like it might wear a bit top-heavy, but you never know.

I find it very comfortable on the bracelet. It's only 40MM, but to me looks bigger.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Love the diagonal links on that Breitling. Do they have a name for that style?

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Helm is a fantastic watch company. I love that white dial (the orange is tempting too)! When I got the email that my Helm Vanuatu was finally shipping I was quite excited. My expectations were set VERY high by the many positive reviews I had read both here and on the various watch pages I follow. To my pleasant surprise the watch managed to exceed my expectations. I’d take one over ANY similar powered 4R36 Seiko on the market, it’s a damn tank and has superior build components and a better price tag compared to Seiko’s similarly priced divers. I really struggle to think of any watch in Helm’s price point that is superior.

That is...IF you can get one. They sell out stupid fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I was going to comment to that effect and then I noticed they’re taking orders on a waiting list basis. I didn’t look at it too closely, but it does seem different since I first checked months ago. If that’s correct, and the wait is months and not years, then that’s a brand I think I might take a bit closer look at. Like you say, for the money, the features beat Seiko pretty handily.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Love the diagonal links on that Breitling. Do they have a name for that style?

It’s Breitling’s version of a brick road bracelet.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I was going to comment to that effect and then I noticed they’re taking orders on a waiting list basis. I didn’t look at it too closely, but it does seem different since I first checked months ago. If that’s correct, and the wait is months and not years, then that’s a brand I think I might take a bit closer look at. Like you say, for the money, the features beat Seiko pretty handily.

Yes, they just changed from the "first come, first served" approach to the wait list about a month ago. Their website crashed the last time they opened it on a given date and all the people waiting to jump on with their orders got shut out. They got back up and running a few hours later and all the stragglers were able to get their orders in. Apparently, they received a lot of complaints and converted over to the wait list.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think that’s a great move on their part. They’ll probably do more business and the customers who want the product will actually be able to buy it.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm on the waiting list. Time will tell!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post