SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My "Arnie" was under the tree for Christmas,...
I'm sure I will buy a couple of different bands for it

I had that watch on one of these. It was sublime. Check the width, but I'm pretty sure it was 22mm. They have other widths if I'm wrong.

https://www.crownandbuckle.com...22mm-black-grey.html

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas

rOgue, I have one very similar from BluShark someone on here recommended that I really like. I will check out Crown and Buckle, thanks

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Their Supreme NATOs are phenomenal. I've had ore than a half dozen in various sizes and colors. Never disappointed.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My "Arnie" was under the tree for Christmas,...
I'm sure I will buy a couple of different bands for it

I had that watch on one of these. It was sublime. Check the width, but I'm pretty sure it was 22mm. They have other widths if I'm wrong.

https://www.crownandbuckle.com...22mm-black-grey.html

rOgue that is the least classy sleeve I have seen next to one of your watches! Always impressed with your pics.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Nice Seamaster Z06!

I’m wearing mine on this trip.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thanks, worn every day for the past 5 years.

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Z06, very nice sir!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
rOgue that is the least classy sleeve I have seen next to one of your watches! Always impressed with your pics.

This one never made the trip to work. A few times to the lake, and a day on the river wakeboarding. This wouldn't work to well with a sport jacket. Big Grin

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I do like those Seamasters. I will eventually have one. Very nice.

Which years offered the solid black, non-wave face?

Any clue what they weigh? I’m starting to appreciate having a solid feeling watch on my arm. I think mine is 5oz.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Which years offered the solid black, non-wave face?

Any clue what they weigh?

They were still selling them new in 2015.
Mine weighs 5.6 oz.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
This one just arrived today, stalled in USPS since before Christmas.
An EDC gift to myself.

Islander #35
Mark at Long Island Watches had these made to SKX007 dimensions with a few improvements, 43mm, sapphire AR crystal, ceramic bezel with great lume, NH36 automatic with hacking and hand winding, solid link bracelet with screws.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nice, I have been eyeing those on their webpage

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Here are two quartz watches with quite a bit of character. The contrast on the Seiko wins hands down. Even after adjusting the Suunto it’s screen is just not as clear and easy to read in low light.

One of the best functions between these two watches is the Seiko’s illumination function, which requires you only smack the watch screen for it to light up. You can also adjust the impact required for it to illuminate.

Brilliant watches. The Suunto is discounted to around $100 on Jomashop’s website right now. For a fun beater with interesting functions it’s pretty hard to find a better watch in that range that has a compass, thermometer, barometer, altimeter, depth gauge and Storm warning system.

I've wanted one of those Seikos for a while and just got one. I like the silicone strap, but I see yours on a parachute webbing strap. What else has worked for you? I think it might look good on the three color Bond strap.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
JHE888, Congratulations on the Digi Tuna. It’s a fine watch. I have tried out various NATO straps, and many work quite well with that watch. The Seiko SRPA83’s dark blue thick 22mm rubber straps work especially well on this watch, especially if you ever want a dark blue & black color combo. Long Island watch used to sell SRPA83 rubber straps. If you don’t already own a pair I HIGHLY recommend scooping some up. The rubber on the SRPA83 is arguably the best rubber straps Seiko has ever made for a watch.

On a totally different subject my Suunto Core got some lugs for Christmas. Hello NATO strap options! Cool

It really changes the look and feel of the watch quite a bit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've written and deleted this post many times in the last week.

I'll find out more on the 12th when I go to follow up with my doc, but the short version is, I looks like I now no longer have to factor in maintenance and servicing costs into the potential decision to buy an Omega. I may actually never have to pry open a caseback on one of my beaters to change a battery, based on what I've been reading.

I think I'd rather wear a Seamaster Professional than own half the firearm and guitar gear I have sitting around, unused. I've wanted one since 1995, when I saw Goldeneye in the theater as a twelve year old; I just never allowed myself to even consider putting that much money into a watch. I can have the equivalent amount sitting around at home, untouched for years at a time, but don't dare put it on my wrist! Nonsense. When you keep seeing "focus on the present" over and over, it's hard not to read it as "bucket list, stupid."

I'll be going to the Omega boutique probably this Friday to have a look in person, and hopefully learn lots from some helpful sales staff.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to talk myself into an all black Marathon and having the same problem. I just don't know if I can spend that much on a watch.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

I'll find out more on the 12th when I go to follow up with my doc, but the short version is, I looks like I now no longer have to factor in maintenance and servicing costs into the potential decision to buy an Omega. I may actually never have to pry open a caseback on one of my beaters to change a battery, based on what I've been reading.

That doesn't sound like good news. Get the watch you've wanted since you were 12 and enjoy the hell out of it.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

That doesn't sound like good news. Get the watch you've wanted since you were 12 and enjoy the hell out of it.

Agreed!

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was hard for me to shell out what I paid for my IWC UTC Pilot, but I got such a great deal on it that it's worth more than double what I paid for it.

A new Seamaster the current 42mm model retails about 5,200 and grey market price is 4,600.

At boutique that only sells Omega's is less likely to give you a discount vs a store that also sells the Omega brand.

If it was me I would get the watch if you can get it for a good price and enjoy it.

Would shoot for at least 10 percent off to cover the sales tax at the minimum if buying new. One of my good customers bought a like new one used current model that you could't tell was used for 3,200 off of Chrono24.

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post