SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm digging that Hamilton, stickman. Cool

The bracelet is far better than the rubber straps, IMO.

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
My sons gave me an early Christmas gift, a Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT.
I've been a Steinhart fan and this is a nice edition.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
A very nice "homage" watch, that has an equally good reputation as a standalone timepiece. They did you well!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Steinhart is good stuff. I bought my brother a Kermit last summer.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
An old pic of mine. A watch I let go years ago. One of my greated watch-nerd mistakes.

C'est la vie. Merry Christmas to my watch-pals!

Posts: 11384 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
My sons gave me an early Christmas gift, a Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT.
I've been a Steinhart fan and this is a nice edition.

If I get another Steinhart, it will be this GMT
Or the Ocean One Vintage.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61: My sons gave me an early Christmas gift, a Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT. I've been a Steinhart fan and this is a nice edition.

I've wanted a Rolex Submariner ever since I first saw one, but they are WAY out of my budget. An Ocean 1 is also out of my budget, but not by as much, and your post has me once again considering it. Maybe if we get another stimulus check -- whether $600, $2,000, or some other amount -- I'll pull the trigger.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
An old pic of mine. A watch I let go years ago. One of my greated watch-nerd mistakes.

Wow! Now that's a watch, what did you replace it with?

TS

Posts: 858 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice Hamilton and Steinhart!

Surprised we don’t see more Christmas additions to the thread. I’m sure most here remember when watches were commonly given as presents.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My birthday is next week & the wife has dropped hints.
I might have an addition for this thread. My guess is that smart Citizen on the prior page.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Finally got my hands on an inexpensive automatic watch. I've had my eye on a Seiko S5 SNGZ09J1 for awhile . If you notice anything off about this, let me know.

Nice lume.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I have that watch. You didn't make a mistake. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Nice, interesting take on a field watch. I like that.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
GCE61, That’s a great looking Steinhart! For the money they are arguably one of the best choices out there at their price point. I have a few GMT Steinhart’s and they have all been exquisite watches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towershot:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

<pic>

Wow! Now that's a watch, what did you replace it with?

TS

This was back in 2014, so, I went through six more years of ins-and-outs. Hard to remember what I replaced it with other than regret. Wink

Though this one is my best effort at recreation with the current "Star" of my small collection.

Posts: 11384 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

This was back in 2014, so, I went through six more years of ins-and-outs. Hard to remember what I replaced it with other than regret. Wink

Though this one is my best effort at recreation with the current "Star" of my small collection.

[/QUOTE]

I know the same feeling. But you have done very well to add this beauty to your collection!

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Beautiful watches, r0gue. I watched an episode of some YouTube show where Kevin O’Leary took the show host and his personal collection for F.P. Journes to the (I think New York) boutique and went through them all and talked about the brand. He’s over the moon about them. I had not heard of the brand prior, but I came away impressed. Such clean designs. That black dial Chronometre is a stunner.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I think those Seikos give you a lot of watch for the money!

How long does it take to really know how accurate a watch will be? Mine has lost 16 seconds in its first 7 days per the atomic time website. I’m pretty happy with that. Hope it stays that way.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My "Arnie" was under the tree for Christmas, I'm diggin it. The buttons befuddled me, had to download the manual to figure it out. It is very comfortable to wear, I have another Citizen diver with a silicone band that is not. I can't replace it because of the shape of it Mad

I'm sure I will buy a couple of different bands for it

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a good looking watch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post