SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
It was just under $200 shipped.

Oh the bracelet I found on E-Bay for $24!
I had to modify it a little but it looks awesome on it.
Welcome to 1967 ish.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Figured out the issue with my Le Jour...it launched its minute sub dial hand today. Eek Frown. Aaaaand back again to the authorized dealer. And there was much ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

The Seagull ST19 movement is super slick!

I have this homage piece I picked up on a whim with a Seagull movement. The mainspring has gone kaput and the calendar wheel is frozen. NO ONE will work on it. Frown Frown Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

I have this homage piece I picked up on a whim with a Seagull movement. The mainspring has gone kaput and the calendar wheel is frozen. NO ONE will work on it. Frown Frown Frown

Which Seagull is it?
I bet I can get a new movement. for it and replace it for less than $75

AH! Found it!

la-935083617507&abcId=9300403&merchantid=6296724&gclid=Cj0KCQiAzsz-BRCCARIsANotFgPXoJR5xSClYwlTq5T9kHXYGWeX5Bpf8yAh_qZXSVZpOKoscIMHMIsaAlVGEALw_wcB" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.com/i/2647426...cIMHMIsaAlVGEALw_wcB

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Which Seagull is it?
I bet I can get a new movement. for it and replace it for less than $75

AH! Found it!

Nope... this is NOT a hand winding 6497 type movement. It is an automatic and sadly it is NOT marked. All I have is from the original seller who built these in 2010 and has long since retired (Dennis Rudy) saying it is a Seagull.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nope... this is NOT a hand winding 6497 type movement. It is an automatic and sadly it is NOT marked. All I have is from the original seller who built these in 2010 and has long since retired (Dennis Rudy) saying it is a Seagull.

Hmmm, a quick opening of the back we can identify it.

AH it's a 2555

https://www.amazon.com/Whatswa...A-0068/dp/B01DAFARKY

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Hamilton Khaki diver with red accents

VERY nice, stickman.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm, a quick opening of the back we can identify it.

Okay here's the back opened up. Again no markings. Frown Looks a lot like the back of an ST16 but that movement doesn't have a second subdial at 9. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Sweet panda, ScreamingCockatoo!

I want to warm up to metal watch bands, but have avoided them thus far. Are they uncomfortable with arm hair?

The strap loops on my silicone bands tug occasionally, and when I see all these watches with metal links
I think about the dozens of pinch points on a metal band.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:...Are [metal bracelets] uncomfortable with arm hair? ...I think about the dozens of pinch points on a metal band.

It depends on how they're designed. If the links are made of folded/wrapped sheets, the way a Twist-O-Flex band is, they can pinch and pull terribly. If they're made of solid, smooth, rounded pieces, they're fine.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:...Are [metal bracelets] uncomfortable with arm hair? ...I think about the dozens of pinch points on a metal band.

It depends on how they're designed. If the links are made of folded/wrapped sheets, the way a Twist-O-Flex band is, they can pinch and pull terribly. If they're made of solid, smooth, rounded pieces, they're fine.

By "twist o flex" do you mean the bands that stretched to fit? Like an elastic one size fits all band?
I think I remember my dad had a watch with a band like that.

Going to look at linked bands. Thank you!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
BrianO is right, man. I have a Bulova with a leather band and a Seiko5 with a nylon band. The rest are metal -- I prefer metal bands over others, typically.

Oh, and I have my grandfather's Bulova, with an actual Twist-O-Flex! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I have arm hair and have no problem with snagging.
I hate straps as they just feel wrong. And the watch just lays wrong.

Oh here is the movement!
DG3809-3D

https://perrinwatchparts.com/c...h_movement_dg3809_3d

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I picked this up a week ago and added the beads of rice bracelet.

Wow, there is really something about that watch and strap combo!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Okay if this is a Seagull ST2555 that is needed for the homage watch, I'm still up the creek as I neither posses the skills for a movement swap nor know of anyone local who is willing and capable. Frown

Guess it queues up with my Seiko SKX011J whose 7S26 movement has seen better days as well. Frown

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:...I'm still up the creek as I neither posses the skills for a movement swap nor know of anyone local who is willing and capable.

I'm not local, but if you want to buy a movement and then send it and the watch to me, I can do the swap for you. (In case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm a WOSTEP-certified watchmaker.)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:...I'm still up the creek as I neither posses the skills for a movement swap nor know of anyone local who is willing and capable.

I'm not local, but if you want to buy a movement and then send it and the watch to me, I can do the swap for you. (In case I haven't mentioned it before, I'm a WOSTEP-certified watchmaker.)

Thank you. Big Grin I'll certainly keep that in mind. I'd of course pay for your services.

Went to create a note for myself on my computer and found you don't have an email address in your profile.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:...Went to create a note for myself on my computer and found you don't have an email address in your profile.

I check in here regularly, but don't list my e-mail. I just sent you an e-mail. You can also reach me the old-fashioned way at:

PO Box 1082
Everett, WA 98206

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

BrianO is The Man -- knowledgeable, helpful, and generous. Cool

God bless America.

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:...Went to create a note for myself on my computer and found you don't have an email address in your profile.

I check in here regularly, but don't list my e-mail. I just sent you an e-mail. You can also reach me the old-fashioned way at:

PO Box 1082
Everett, WA 98206

Got it, thanks! Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192