SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Pulicords, that’s a beauty, congrats. Post a pic once you change to the bracelet.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
vthoky, thank you! I'm drawn to watches with roman numerals

Email headed your way, sir.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Responded to your Email, vthoky.

You can stop with the sir, sir! Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous Alpina, pulicords!

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I love that Alpina, Pullicords. Very nice.

I was looking around last night and stumbled across Gruppo Gamma microbrand out of Singapore. They have a "budget" line of watches called Venturo. They're actually kind of interesting to me, especially the field watch. Unfortunately, the diver has a Miyota movement and from what little I've been able to piece together, people seem less thrilled about Miyotas, but the field watch has a Seiko NH35A and the specs on paper are about exactly what I want in a field watch. My only gripe is the numbers. They're too big, and there's not enough of them for a field watch, imo, but I could get over it I think. $369 is not a bad price at all for the specs, really. Double domed AR sapphire, 200m water resist, NH35, super Luminova. Of course, I really like the white version and that one is sold out. I just have a thing for watches with luminous dial faces and have to own one some day. Indiglo is nice, but it's not the same thing.

The black one is pretty good, too. At first I didn't like it as much, but in some ways, I think the overall presentation looks cleaner. Maybe it's the contrast between the face and the hands and case.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Two of my favorites, a Glycine Combat Sub (46mm), and a Steinhart Ocean 1 (42mm).

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Need input from RKI watch guys:

I am sorely tempted by this:

Zeppelin Flatline Automatic Watch • 40mm case
NOT $499 but only $249
•Always wanted a German made watch since both mother & father were born there.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I saw that one today, good looking watch

SPECS
Zeppelin
Movement: Citizen/Miyota 9132 automatic
Jewels: 26
Vibrations: 28800 per hour
Power reserve: 40 hours
Case material: Stainless steel
Crystal: Mineral glass
Caseback: Exhibition
Band: Leather
Winding direction: Bidirectional/unidirectional
Features: Power reserve display, 24-hour display, stop seconds, Sweep seconds, date
Case diameter: 40 mm
Case thickness: 12 mm
Lug size: 20 mm
Water resistance: 50 m (164 ft)

I have no idea if it's worth it or not, maybe the experts can help

I have this one on the way

Men's 47.8mm Prospex Watch

GovX has them on sale for $315

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RanRan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 174 | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
My Alpina Alpiner 4 GMT arrive and though I'm very pleased with the watch (and the deal I received), I found that I need a couple of links to use the OEM oyster bracelet. While waiting for those to arrive (about six weeks), I ordered a nice ostrich hide strap from Rob at "The Strapsmith" and received it within ten days. It's very well done, attractive, and comfortable. The new GMT won't keep me from lusting after a Rolex Explorer II (Polar) or regularly wearing my James Cameron Deep Sea Seadweller, but it's a nice alternative with the light colored dial that I was looking for.

Very handsome.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaand we’re back to square one again. This Le Jour is going to be racking up some frequent flier miles this year. Frown (look at the minute sub dial hand alignment) Frown

Man this sucks. I otherwise love the way this watch looks and feels. Maybe ill just see if I can get a refund and look for a Tag or Sinn or Omega with a similar funky retro case. I’ll be shocked if I can find anything close to the colors of this watch for less than $3k.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks to some pics a few pages back I ordered an Omega wall clock and it showed up today. Very happy with it!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Thanks to some pics a few pages back I ordered an Omega wall clock and it showed up today. Very happy with it!

very cool. Is that a Sako rifle? Only one I can think of that has two roll pins like that.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
It's a Savage.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Forgot to say thanks for the compliment. It also has lumes.

Plato

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:

Very sharp. If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up buying from?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Of course not. I got it from Dealer Clocks.

https://dealerclocks.to

Great service - they emailed me every step of the way. 10 days for it to arrive after I ordered it - and that included clearing customs.

Plato

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Furlough, that clock is pretty slick, I like that.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Responded to your Email, vthoky.

You can stop with the sir, sir! Big Grin

Yessir. It's a habit, sir. Razz

- - - - -

BigSwede, is that the "digital Tuna?"

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
posted Hide Post
So many nice watches on this page!

And now I'm browsing wall clocks. Thanks, furlough! Smile