The back is just as good as the front!

November 25, 2020, 09:29 PM
Snapping Twig
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Must resist....

I do not need one of these....

LOL! Smile

I hear your words, but resistance is futile...

Maybe something in a Glashutte or an A Lange & Sohne....
November 26, 2020, 09:34 AM
copaup
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
BTW, That’s a GORGEOUS Speedy rOgue.

I'm deeply, deeply jealous. That's my grail watch right there. I'm trying hard not to pull the trigger on the next one I see. After the promotions in early 2021 however...
November 26, 2020, 09:46 AM
r0gue
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

I'm deeply, deeply jealous. That's my grail watch right there. I'm trying hard not to pull the trigger on the next one I see. After the promotions in early 2021 however...

Take your time. There are many out there, but the one to have (IMO) is the Hesalite (plexi) front crystal with the sapphire rear crystal. A little harder to come by. Tritium dial. It's the most desirable example for me. Though I realize the much older 321 movement powered Speedmasters are more valuable.

November 26, 2020, 09:49 AM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
BTW, That’s a GORGEOUS Speedy rOgue.

Better!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
November 26, 2020, 11:20 AM
P220 Smudge
Rogue, that Omega is a stunner, especially the movement and display back. Wow.

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I'd love to have that in wall-clock size!

Yeah, that’d be nice. A nice, clean dial design that’s easy to read at a quick glance from across the room. Different brand, but Shinola makes a variety of clocks based on the field watch dial that look pretty classy.

https://www.shinola.com/lifestyle/clocks.html

November 26, 2020, 12:37 PM
stickman428
How hard or expensive is it to change the day wheel out on a Valjoux 7750? Let’s say I have one and it is in Italian but I eventually would like to switch it to English. Easy to do when it’s getting serviced right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
November 26, 2020, 12:38 PM
Oz_Shadow
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Finally, after all these years I have managed to acquire two Balls. Big Grin

Hey Stickman, I, too, have a pair of Balls Cool. They both came via David, when he was still a Ball dealer.

The Fireman Victory, which gets a lot of wrist time, is sporting the Ball rubber strap.

Nice! I really like the clean simpler look myself. I’ve been looking at both the Streamliner and Fireman Classic
November 26, 2020, 03:05 PM
stickman428
Anyone see that Squale chronograph Gnomon put on their website today? Limited to 50 pieces and using a dial and case that are new old stock components that they forgot about and recently found in their factory in Italy.

You don’t see many 38mm chronograph divers these days.

From Gnomon’s website “ Many vintage Squale models have proven to be timeless, being evident in modern releases that is fitting even for the modern connoisseur. With this in mind, Squale assembled their 200m sports utility chronograph - The Squale 20 ATMOS Corallo Chronograph Blue Ref. 2006 - Limited to 50 pieces, exclusive from Gnomon Watches. With the struck of luck, a batch of 50 cases and dials were found in Squale’s headquarter in Milan Italy inside their new old stock (NOS) inventory. These parts from the 1980s were utilized to meticulously craft a beautiful masterpiece with contemporary upgrades for a functional and worry-free vintage watch experience.

The exterior of the 20 ATMOS Corallo Chronograph Blue Ref. 2006 is kept practically the same from its first release, having the exact same case as it would in the 80s. The steel case bears a period-accurate diameter of 38mm, a lug to lug distance of 44.5mm and a thickness of 15mm. These days, modern tool watches are larger in size, however the 38mm size will fit right into place in many occasions, exerting a distinctive personality of a vintage piece. Finishing on the case is straight out of the 80s, done so in a retrograde satin finish throughout the watch to compliment its rugged style. The watch comes supplied with Squale’s 20mm Italian handmade tan leather strap with vintage stitching. 
”

Link to website

This is the angle where things really begin to get interesting. Gnomon let’s you choose from a few different leather strap options. Mine will have a blue leather strap. Which of course I will instantly swap out for a nice NATO or mesh or some kind of stainless bracelet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
November 26, 2020, 06:51 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

quote:
I'd love to have that in wall-clock size!

Yeah, that’d be nice. A nice, clean dial design that’s easy to read at a quick glance from across the room. Different brand, but Shinola makes a variety of clocks based on the field watch dial that look pretty classy.

https://www.shinola.com/lifestyle/clocks.html

Thank you for the link! I do like those designs... those prices are fierce though! Eek

God bless America.
November 27, 2020, 12:17 AM
P220 Smudge
Yeah, that’s a good word for it. I couldn’t think of one myself. If I’m going to spend coin like that, I want to keep it on me. It would be good to see someone making a similar clock in the sub $100 budget.

November 27, 2020, 01:21 AM
BrianO
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge: Yeah, that’s a good word for it. I couldn’t think of one myself.
How about "obscene"? ;-)
November 27, 2020, 01:55 AM
Snapping Twig
quote:
How hard or expensive is it to change the day wheel out on a Valjoux 7750? Let’s say I have one and it is in Italian but I eventually would like to switch it to English. Easy to do when it’s getting serviced right?

Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxXd9NpG2p0
November 27, 2020, 06:59 AM
rduckwor
Easy during a service, not easy if you do not routinely service watches.

I try to avoid servicing chronos as parts can be hard to come by and people generally are shocked at the costs of servicing a chronograph watch.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
November 27, 2020, 07:40 AM
Z06
RE: vthoky's wish, about 30 years ago I got a wall clock by the watch co I was really into:

13"x13"x2", solid machined black anodized aluminum. Been my office clock since then. I don't have any of their watches now though.

last one

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

November 27, 2020, 07:52 AM
vthoky
Very nice, Z06!

Not to derail the thread, but I would like to find a wall clock that glows like some of our watches. I think that would be far better than the ubiquitous junky red-LED alarm clock style. Good looking during the day, easy to see at night, not so bright as to disallow sleep.... Anybody seen something like that?

God bless America.
November 27, 2020, 11:13 AM
nasig
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
quote:

Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxXd9NpG2p0

that is amazing. impressive skill
November 27, 2020, 12:25 PM
bald1
quote:
Very nice, Z06!

Not to derail the thread, but I would like to find a wall clock that glows like some of our watches. I think that would be far better than the ubiquitous junky red-LED alarm clock style. Good looking during the day, easy to see at night, not so bright as to disallow sleep.... Anybody seen something like that?

Just did a quick search and found lots of them. Big Grin
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb...on&atb=v192-1&ia=web

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
November 27, 2020, 04:39 PM
vthoky
Your search was better than mine. Thank you!

And to get us back on topic (while I look at clocks), here's a crummy pic of a nice Citizen I rarely wear.

God bless America.