SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Disappointed... there are a couple of nasty smudges on the inside of the crystal. I did not notice them in-store with all of the bright lights. I'll take it back tomorrow but I really don't want to send it back off again.

They replaced a ton of parts...

Damn! I'm surprised they gave you the old parts. A certain other repair center worries that you might sell them and thus hurt the brand's reputation.

RMD

How much will you give me for these? Big Grin

I have exactly the same reference, and mine needs to go in for service, too. Which service center did you use?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Disappointed... there are a couple of nasty smudges on the inside of the crystal. I did not notice them in-store with all of the bright lights. I'll take it back tomorrow but I really don't want to send it back off again.

They replaced a ton of parts...

Damn! I'm surprised they gave you the old parts. A certain other repair center worries that you might sell them and thus hurt the brand's reputation.

RMD

How much will you give me for these? Big Grin

I have exactly the same reference, and mine needs to go in for service, too. Which service center did you use?
Atlanta Omega boutique ----> Miami service center.

Dropped it back off today. They were apologetic and said they'll try their best to get it expedited.

Love that Seiko. Very distinct and green is my favorite color.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
Pulled the trigger. Smile
'

Congrats! Pics!?

He sent me a couple he took at my request in daylight, but I miffed and lost them. Must have been deleted somehow.

Soon enough, I expect get it sometime next week.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
For as many years as I can remember, I've planned to get a proper springbar plier for removing Rolex bracelets. The tolerances on these bracelets (and in particular the very newest versions) are such that a standard springbar tool which works only one side at a time is insufficient. Nearly every time I've removed one that way, there is evidence (marks) somewhere. No matter how slight.

By holding both sides in at once, the watch case can be pulled away flawlessly. Now I can put a NATO on the Sub, and use it as intended without fear of it being lost in the muddy depths.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Spring bar tweezers are nice, but ALL tool watches should have drilled lugs.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
RMD

Amen

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
RMD

Holy shit! The Bergeon 7825 tool is $150 at Esslinger and $389 on Amazon! Eek

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Otto has them for $136.

http://www.ofrei.com/page252.html

BTW -- Read his write up on the Bergeon 3153 tool (same page). Hahaha!

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Got 2 for less than the price of 1 in the mail yesterday.

SandY 184-A

SandY 184 (NOS).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kz1000,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ordered factory direct from DOXA? That orange 300T professional as well as the silver searambler are looking tempting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Very cool find KZ! VERY cool.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Very nice k 1000.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it was a lucky find.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I went over the handlebars last night on my sons scooter and managed to really screw up the bezel and bezel insert on my orange Seiko Samurai. Frown

I faired worse than the watch and scooter with lots of cuts and bruises on my hands, knee and elbows. I even ended up with a nice bruise on my head from the crash. I suppose I got lucky and it could have been much worse.

Now to decide what to do with my Seiko Samurai. All of the damage was isolated to the bezel and insert. The crystal received two nicks too but they are hardly noticeable. I’d like to replace the cheap crystal with something a bit stronger so maybe a trip back to Seiko for repairs isn’t the best idea?

I’ve seen a few bezels & inserts on the fleabay ranging from $100-135 but I have not found any orange inserts yet.

I’ve thought about maybe doing a DOXA style bezel and insert mod or maybe going with a silver insert but I think on the orange dial Samurai it might be better just to keep it original.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
RMD

Amazon adheres strongly to the Bergeon concept of raping customers for specialty tools. Ofrei is a better place to do business for watch repair.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I went over the handlebars last night on my sons scooter and managed to really screw up the bezel and bezel insert on my orange Seiko Samurai. Frown

I faired worse than the watch and scooter with lots of cuts and bruises on my hands, knee and elbows. I even ended up with a nice bruise on my head from the crash. I suppose I got lucky and it could have been much worse.

Now to decide what to do with my Seiko Samurai. All of the damage was isolated to the bezel and insert. The crystal received two nicks too but they are hardly noticeable. I’d like to replace the cheap crystal with something a bit stronger so maybe a trip back to Seiko for repairs isn’t the best idea?

I’ve seen a few bezels & inserts on the fleabay ranging from $100-135 but I have not found any orange inserts yet.

I’ve thought about maybe doing a DOXA style bezel and insert mod or maybe going with a silver insert but I think on the orange dial Samurai it might be better just to keep it original.

Get well. Maybe Yobokies has a bezel you would like.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Get well. Maybe Yobokies has a bezel you would like.

Or One Second Closer (eBay), or crystaltimes.com All good sources for mod parts.

RMD

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks JHE. It was a nasty spill. I’m still limping pretty badly from it.

I appreciate the parts sources. I am thinking maybe I’ll go with a DOXA style bezel replacement for my beaten to hell Samurai bezel. I might keep it stock or go all silver for the insert and coin edge for the bezel too so I’m not 100% sure what I’ll do with the Samurai yet.

Should I try to fix the crystal myself? How hard is it to press them in and out?

I’m thinking maybe a slight dome or a flat sapphire crystal should look excellent and offer improved scratch resistance over the crap from Seiko.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it in one piece Stickman. ATGATT.

Here's a couple suppliers.

https://www.dagazwatch.com/

https://www.seikomods.com/customer-gallery/

As far as the crystal, I believe you need the tool to do that correctly.

Double dome w/internal AR is nice - just saying...

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have not found a lot of Seiko Samurai Mods sporting the standard orange dial.

I actually think I prefer the look and profile of the original factory Seiko bezel on the Samurai. This DOXA style bezel insert & coin edge bezel is tempting though. On a more DOXA style bezel it might look amazing.

Hmmmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~