SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Smiths PRS 29 Air Military. This is a simple ETA2801 three hander in a tidy 36mm case. I really enjoyed it a lot. The heat blued hands were superb. While I have several close up shots of the watch, this one is actually one of my better pics of it, because in photographs it tends to appear more off-white/cream, but to the eye, it looked very close to white most of the time.

That is a beautiful watch. Simple, clear, elegant.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
That is a beautiful watch. Simple, clear, elegant.

Thanks!

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The B version was worn by navigators, who the Germans thought needed to be more careful about being certain of both the hours and minutes to navigate. The A models were worn by pilots, who, I guess, didn't need to be so careful.

I don't think I ever knew that! Thanks!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Full circle today, righting the wrong I made when I sold my "first real watch". That watch was a 1997 Rolex Explorer II 16570. In those years, Rolex still had drilled through lugs which made spring bar removal easy. They also still used tritium lume for the dial and hands.

The 16570 ExpII is my all time favorite watch. If I had to own one and done the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly happy if it were this one here.

posted Hide Post
Love the white face and steel look but for me the date draws the eye away from all that’s good about the face, do you think we will continue to see that feature on watches ? Not sure it’s functional on a tool watch....

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjtnova:
Love the white face and steel look but for me the date draws the eye away from all that’s good about the face, do you think we will continue to see that feature on watches ? Not sure it’s functional on a tool watch....

When I wore this watch daily for 13 years, I can honestly say I checked the date more often than the time. I mean, you generally know about what time it is, but I never remember the date. Hell, with the pandemic, there were long stretches when it was hard to remember the DAY! haha

Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
I'll vote for keeping the date complication, needing it a couple times a day. I don't always remember the date and my watch is a quick reminder.

I dislike a fisheye magnifier and avoid watches with them.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve had my eye on the Rolex Submariner no date. The watch looks so much cleaner without that stupid cyclops magnifier, though the date function is nice to have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
The Dragon has landed… got the Helm Komodo yesterday that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Still very impressed with these watches. This one’s a little smaller than the Khuraburi I got a couple of months ago, but still not a small watch. Despite being chunky, they both wear well. I’ve got a 7 ½” wrist and I’m comfortable with either of them. It comes on a NATO strap, but I put the bracelet on so that I could size it. I normally prefer a leather strap, so I’ll probably switch it out. But for now, I’m kinda liking the way this one wears. The second photo is after I came in from outdoors and you can see what the lume is like, even in daylight.

I got the DHL shipping notification for mine today. I snagged the same color and am looking forward to getting it on the wrist.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I really dig that 6 o'clock date with within the indice. Very very cool!

posted Hide Post
I have to ask the watch brain trust here... what is the feeling about a Glycine Airman w/ the 24hr dial? Thank you.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
r0gue,
That's my favorite of the Explorer II line up, love the polar/red combo much more than the orange.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
r0gue,
That's my favorite of the Explorer II line up, love the polar/red combo much more than the orange.

Thanks! I like the color orange a lot, but the ballooned sizing of everything about the newer model throws it off center for me.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
BeachWatch 2019, since gifted to my son because it was too cool to sell, and I'm not allowed to keep BeachWatches.

Squale 1521 50 ATMOS "TGV Lion-Shark" edition. The design was really quite wonderful. The TGV (YouTuber) guy kind of isn't my bag, but his choices were spot-on.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Picked this up from an AD this Friday. Good price, came with the stainless steel bracelet and rubber bracelet and 3rd party NATO strap. Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean GMT. Had to come through the Back door as they’re non-essential business. Crazy times we live in that a bona fide jewelry store has to do business on the sly.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever since I was a kid, I've wanted a Rolex...
Over the years, I've became someone who appreciates fine time pieces.

Did I ever tell you about the time I could have had 2 FREE Rolex's? BNIB!

I had to pass on the deal.
Also had to pass on about 4 nice Longines as well.
That Hydroconquest was nice!
The story is 100% true, and "a riot"!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Sounds like a perfect retirement gift to yourself. That's what I'm thinking about.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I’ve had my eye on the Rolex Submariner no date. The watch looks so much cleaner without that stupid cyclops magnifier, though the date function is nice to have.

Like this? It gets the most wrist time of the two Rolex's I own. Love it.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:It gets the most wrist time of the two Rolex's I own.

* Rolexes.

Example: "I own three Rolexes, but one Rolex's case is so badly scratched that I rarely wear it."

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I actually got an email from my AD Saturday that he has a no-date Sub for me if I want it. "What to sell, what to sell...?" Wink I guess supply shortages may have eased for the moment at least. I'd asked well over a year ago for him to let me know if any no-dates come in.

As I'd waited impatiently last year, I finally caved and bought the Date version, as it came in first. Of course I subsequently decided I really wanted the no-date, so I sold it for even money to a friend of a friend.

By total coincidence that Rolex Submariner 116610LN (with date) is the next watch up in my long-running tour. We're up to June of last year, so there aren't many episodes of this show left.