SIGforum
A revival of the Watch thread

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/6290029643

April 27, 2020, 12:13 PM
Ripley
A revival of the Watch thread
Well, I love that Elgin, kz1000.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
April 27, 2020, 01:09 PM
jhe888
Those Tudors are something else. Very nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
April 27, 2020, 01:13 PM
YellowJacket
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Hey guys I wanted to give you a heads up, cheapestnatostraps Link to their website is running a hell of a deal on their Marine Nationale elastic straps AND 20% off of you purchase 5 or more. The coupon code for the additional discount is “20”. They are already discounted big time but that 20% discount on top makes it probably the best deal you will find on MN straps.

I scooped up a bunch of em just now. Cool

I bought 5 straps from the the other night. Elastic MN in 20 and 22mm, plus a couple of seatbelt natos amd a racing green strap for my Tissot chrono.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
April 27, 2020, 02:45 PM
71 TRUCK
quote:
Test your watch identification skills. This shouldn’t be too hard. What is the make and model of this watch?

Seiko Prospect Kinetic.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member
April 28, 2020, 06:13 AM
r0gue
Another stab at an Accutron. I mean, obviously I "wanted" the 214 Spaceview and for whatever reason, I kept pissing around with eBay junk like this. I'm embarrassed to post it. But I promise the rest of the week has some real winners -- including one of the five watches I regret ever selling.

I did note a little better staging in my photos here and in the next few posts, I watch albums, I see better composure attempts. So there's that. Happy Tuesday!

April 28, 2020, 07:22 AM
P250UA5
The dial is a bit busy for me, but it's a nice looking watch.
Still patiently waiting for my favorite to come up.

The Enemy's gate is down.
April 28, 2020, 10:07 AM
r0gue
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I agree. It's a fucking nightmare. No idea why I bought it. I think it was really a desire for blue dials. As I started really catching the bug in 2013/2014. I unloaded it as fast as possible. To be honest, I almost didn't post the pic, but I thought, why not make the whole journey so that the thread stays hot with some watches that rarely come up and it's a nice way for me to have normality in this crazy time.

April 28, 2020, 10:37 AM
P250UA5
RE: Blue face

Hindsight, I wish I'd known there was a blue face option on my Citizen Satellite-Wave. It's still my EDC, but it'd be just that little bit better with the blue rather than the black.

April 28, 2020, 12:17 PM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I agree. It's a fucking nightmare. No idea why I bought it. I think it was really a desire for blue dials. As I started really catching the bug in 2013/2014. I unloaded it as fast as possible. To be honest, I almost didn't post the pic, but I thought, why not make the whole journey so that the thread stays hot with some watches that rarely come up and it's a nice way for me to have normality in this crazy time.

All those hash marks. Well, not every one is a winner.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
April 28, 2020, 12:22 PM
r0gue
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
All those hash marks. Well, not every one is a winner.

Better tomorrow and it get's even better the rest of the week.

April 29, 2020, 05:11 AM
r0gue
This is where things look up a bit. Some great watches to share over the next few weeks. This one, is just pretty good.

Longines somethin' or other. Probably 1970s. I think I ultimately gave this strap to someone on SF if memory serves. Teju lizard.

April 29, 2020, 10:08 AM
6guns
^^^ I believe that's the strap you gave to me for my Dad's Elgin.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
April 29, 2020, 05:52 PM
r0gue
quote:
rOgue, do you have any more pics of it? Specifically any closer shots of the dial? It is gorgeous!

It's not all that great, But I made up for that by overpaying and taking a bath on it! Big Grin

April 29, 2020, 09:21 PM
stickman428
I think it has a nice case shape and dial. The case profile reminds me of the Bulova Oceanographer. I’m not terribly fond of Longines but I like this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
April 30, 2020, 06:07 AM
r0gue
Moving on, but still into vintage, the Omega Seamaster Ref. 2846. Powered by a caliber 501 automatic movement, this watch wore impressively well at only 34mm. Circa 1956. The two tone dial was nice, the applied indices very nice, and the strap was to die for!

May 01, 2020, 05:49 AM
r0gue
No action on the Thursday post? What is it with you guys? You got real lives or something! Wink Okay... I'll up my game!

How about a vintage IWC Caliber 89 from the 1950s in solid rose gold with bowtie lugs!? At 37mm, this watch was basically perfect, and I am a damn fool for having let it go.

May 01, 2020, 07:16 AM
P250UA5
That IWC is nice, but that Omega is stunning.

May 01, 2020, 09:59 AM
jhe888
I love the mid century dress watches. The IWC is especially good.

May 01, 2020, 10:27 AM
h2oys
Damn, I was going to enter your karma for the IWC but you don't have it anymore Wink
May 01, 2020, 04:02 PM
Leeann
Ooohhh. The Omega is drop-dead gorgeous. The IWC is beautiful.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more