SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 272

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Just back from service. Langendorf movement, 1931 Scottish hallmarked case

That's VERY nice. Enamel dial assume?

Thanks. I believe so. Just enough cracks to be considered to be patina, not damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 15493 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
It's easy to forget the hundreds of hours that it used to take to surf forums and classified hoping to get a little gem like this one. And people wonder how I'm doing so well with all this social distancing...

1958 Tudor Rolex Oyster Royal model 7934. Also known as "Small Rose", it had a very unique waffle dial, a heat blued second hand and wonderfully patinaed tritium.. Powered by a cal. 390, this little gem wore wonderfully at only 34mm. I kind of miss it. It was a charming little watch for almost no money at all.

Posts: 9777 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Tudor is stunning, exactly what I think of for a “dress” watch....

Posts: 1688 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
1958 Tudor Rolex Oyster Royal model 7934.

Beautiful!

Here's my 1951 Regent 7903. Couldn't believe no one else bid on it. Appears to be all original. Wears larger than 32mm would suggest. A keeper.

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 15493 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Brian.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 35415 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both of those Tudors are stunning.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 587 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Thanks, Brian.
You're welcome.

When I was a boy, a navy sub came to my town of Everett, WA (30 miles north of Seattle) and my dad took me on one of the tours. Having been watching the TV series "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" for a couple of years at the time, I was shocked by how small the spaces in a REAL submarine were. I imagine it's the same for people who have grown up watching "The Hunt for Red October" and similar films when they visit the Torsk.

Posts: 583 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow! Gorgeous watches guys. I love the texture on the dial! You guys have owned some incredible watches.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Winston Salem NC or VA Beach | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Test your watch identification skills. This shouldn’t be too hard. What is the make and model of this watch?

Posts: 17236 | Location: Winston Salem NC or VA Beach | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I realize it was only a week or so ago, but remember some years have passed in terms of the collection...
Today we have a return of the Yobokies modded Seiko Orange Monster. This time in a 4:00 crown format and with an airplane second hand. Similarly bead blasted case and bracelet.

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Another one from my father's stash, one of the few non running projects he bought. Needed a second hand, a crystal, and a service. I need to find a strap that fits it better.

-Bomber Harris

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Those modded Seikos really turn me on.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 35415 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey guys I wanted to give you a heads up, cheapestnatostraps Link to their website is running a hell of a deal on their Marine Nationale elastic straps AND 20% off of you purchase 5 or more. The coupon code for the additional discount is “20”. They are already discounted big time but that 20% discount on top makes it probably the best deal you will find on MN straps.

I scooped up a bunch of em just now. Cool

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Well, I love that Elgin, kz1000.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 6463 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those Tudors are something else. Very nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 49136 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Hey guys I wanted to give you a heads up, cheapestnatostraps Link to their website is running a hell of a deal on their Marine Nationale elastic straps AND 20% off of you purchase 5 or more. The coupon code for the additional discount is “20”. They are already discounted big time but that 20% discount on top makes it probably the best deal you will find on MN straps.

I scooped up a bunch of em just now. Cool

I bought 5 straps from the the other night. Elastic MN in 20 and 22mm, plus a couple of seatbelt natos amd a racing green strap for my Tissot chrono.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 9244 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Test your watch identification skills. This shouldn’t be too hard. What is the make and model of this watch?

Seiko Prospect Kinetic.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1640 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Correct.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The next lume shot/test your watch ID skills test I do is going to be MUCH harder. It will be a watch I’ve never posted about and one that is rather obscure/unknown. I’ll give you a hint. It’s not going to be in anyway whatsoever affiliated with Seiko (that goes for its movement too).

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Another stab at an Accutron. I mean, obviously I "wanted" the 214 Spaceview and for whatever reason, I kept pissing around with eBay junk like this. I'm embarrassed to post it. But I promise the rest of the week has some real winners -- including one of the five watches I regret ever selling.

I did note a little better staging in my photos here and in the next few posts, I watch albums, I see better composure attempts. So there's that. Happy Tuesday!