SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
WAKE UP Watch Thread! Smile

Damn! Talk about opening with four aces!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BoomDoc:
How about some more Luminox love.

Doc, a very nice 'Lumi' chrono!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Here's another pic of my faithful Citizen chrono:

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Orange and Sword Hands and Beads of Rice bracelet. Pretty slick!

quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
Here's another pic of my faithful Citizen chrono:

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Damn! Talk about opening with four aces!!!
RMD

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That JLC is very nice, Rogue.

I have a new watch on the way, but now that I have seen this all bets are off. I wonder if they can make one you can wear on your wrist? Accuracy better than 1 second in 300 million years . . .

<br />[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-jE7DXy1x0&fmt=22]View on YouTube[/url]

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Just picked this up yesterday. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888: I wonder if they can make one you can wear on your wrist?

Sure. You just need a really, REALLY big wrist.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crash:

I was given that watch when I started the 1st grade. I just wound it up and the damn thing is ticking...

The Omega Snoopy Speedmaster just hit the market for about $7k

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

One of only two watches in my "virtual collection". That is to say, I deeply want them, and am considering moving one of my few, to get them.

I would go Hesalite though. But that's not a deal breaker to my lustful thumbs-up!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'm with Rogue. I crave a Speedy, and yours is nice.

It is really one of the few chronographs I like the look of. But I really like it.

I don't need a chronograph, but then I guess I didn't need a 300 meter diving watch, either.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone know of a good autowinder that wont cost as much as some of these watches -- after seeing this thread I may have to buy another watch.

Posts: 227 | Location: dallas tx | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

One of only two watches in my "virtual collection". That is to say, I deeply want them, and am considering moving one of my few, to get them.

I would go Hesalite though. But that's not a deal breaker to my lustful thumbs-up!

This one is a solid case back manual wind hesalite crystal; true to the original Smile

I was impressed by the Dark Side of the Moon Speedo but decided on classic good looks over the hot new watch.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hayseed:
anyone know of a good autowinder that wont cost as much as some of these watches -- after seeing this thread I may have to buy another watch.

Hamilton makes some nice automatics that won't break the bank.

This one is my manual wind Hamilton Khaki Officer that I have seen for about $550

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Nice watch Dusty! (The Omega)

Add me to the list of those that want one. My wife would kill me. When I got my IWC I claimed it was my last watch purchase. Big Grin

I must un-subscribe to this thread.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
This one is a solid case back manual wind hesalite crystal; true to the original Smile

Then you have my full unadulterated lustful respect! The dial looks SO different with the hesalite. With the sapphire it grows the outer ring due to the magnification. The Hesalite is the Shit! I have a Rolex Explorer that is only a few months old. I bought it so I'd have a steel bracelet watch. I'm seriously considering taking the hit and selling it for a Speedy. The Rolex is arguably a better long term fit for me. But I have to scratch that itch some day.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hayseed:

I don't use winders. But you can get Orbita Bellinos for a few hundred bucks. Maybe even $150 pre-owned barely used.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then you have my full unadulterated lustful respect! The dial looks SO different with the hesalite. With the sapphire it grows the outer ring due to the magnification. The Hesalite is the Shit! I have a Rolex Explorer that is only a few months old. I bought it so I'd have a steel bracelet watch. I'm seriously considering taking the hit and selling it for a Speedy. The Rolex is arguably a better long term fit for me. But I have to scratch that itch some day.

Yup, the plastic crystal is the one. The look is super cool.

rOgue, did you get a plain Explorer or an Explorer II?

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. The little embossed Omega symbol on the Hesalite is a nice touch. Now I wish I hadn't sold my Fortis B42; then I would have owned both the NASA and Cosmonaut qualified watch.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
rOgue, did you get a plain Explorer or an Explorer II?

I went with the classic. Always wanted one. They are so versatile. I'd had an older version white Explorer II for more than 15 years (my first good watch, but now departed), and the new ones just look a little balloon-ish to me.