SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It was waiting for me at home yesterday. I really like it. It's light, thin, well , thinner than the Eco Drive chrono I have been wearing.

I have been wanting a good looking casual watch for every day wear and this fits the bill perfectly. The face is blue but very dark, love the large numbers. The band is very comfy and made well, I will probably buy another sail cloth band and a Nato for it. An added bonus is a bit of bling on the outside of the bezel, tastefully done in my opinion.

Watch Information
Brand, Seller, or Collection Name Seiko
Model number SNE329
Part Number SNE329
Model Year 2015
Item Shape Round
Dial window material type Hardlex
Display Type Analog
Clasp Tang Buckle
Case material Stainless steel
Case diameter 43 millimeters
Case Thickness 10.7 millimeters
Band Material Nylon
Band length Men's Standard
Band width 25 millimeters
Band Color Blue
Dial color Blue
Bezel material Stainless steel
Bezel function Stationary
Calendar Day-Date
Special features SEIKO 3 YEAR WARRANTY
Movement Japanese Quartz
Water resistant depth 330 Feet

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
It was waiting for me at home yesterday. I really like it. It's light, thin, well , thinner than the Eco Drive chrono I have been wearing.

Thank you, BigSwede.

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Zelos not only makes gorgeous bronze watches but they also stand behind their product. When my date wheel began to misalign and malfunction I sent an email over to Zelos and received a reply the next day as well as an offer to fix the watch free of charge. It took only about 4-5 weeks for my watch to get repaired. Very cool company!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I tried out a new strap on my devil diver today. So far I really like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Zelos not only makes gorgeous bronze watches but they also stand behind their product. When my date wheel began to misalign and malfunction I sent an email over to Zelos and received a reply the next day as well as an offer to fix the watch free of charge. It took only about 4-5 weeks for my watch to get repaired. Very cool company!

Yup. Elshan is a good guy. Taken care of me when I've had issues. I have a lot of Zelos watches.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
RobLew, have you tried any Ventus watches? They are the sister brand to Zelos and in my experience they are excellent watches too. I have a brass Northstar and Mori and they have been great watches. The patina is quite a bit different from my bronzers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried out a new strap on my devil diver today. So far I really like it.

Watch looks great on that strap, can you tell me / us the source ? Thanks in advance, Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Pickle Rick, It was an eBay purchase but it was a US seller. They are elastic so it’s not your typical NATO type strap. I really like that the elastic keeps the watch firmly on my wrist but doesn’t feel too tight. Super comfy straps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marin...lN6xzU4svTp17G1aOMbw

I really like the green and yellow on my Ventus Northstar. I’ve been wearing these straps more than my usual Nato & Mesh bands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Newest arrival, just in from Down Under. PTCNSW (Public Transport Commission New South Wales) railroad watch. Last mechanical watch issued before they went to quartz watches.

Neat. How'd you come across that one?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Seiko enthusiasts a quick question if I may.

I am considering buying a bronze Heimdallr/Sharkey turtle which is basically an homage/copy of the Seiko turtle. It uses the same Seiko movement as the turtle. If the dials are the same size could I swap out the entire movement,dial,hands etc from one of my real Seiko turtles over to the bronzer? I’d love to have what looks like a real bronze Seiko turtle since Seiko hasn’t made a real one yet.

I also found a display caseback that should fit it. That would be a cool modded watch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seiko enthusiasts a quick question if I may.

I am considering buying a bronze Heimdallr/Sharkey turtle which is basically an homage/copy of the Seiko turtle. It uses the same Seiko movement as the turtle. If the dials are the same size could I swap out the entire movement,dial,hands etc from one of my real Seiko turtles over to the bronzer? I’d love to have what looks like a real bronze Seiko turtle since Seiko hasn’t made a real one yet.

I also found a display caseback that should fit it. That would be a cool modded watch.

Yes.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I have a spare Seiko SRP789K1 that I could use for parts. From the videos I’ve seen it doesn’t look too hard to remove the movement. I’ll just need good tools and steady hands right?

I have a few broken 7002 divers I’m going to practice on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sweet! I have a spare Seiko SRP789K1 that I could use for parts. From the videos I’ve seen it doesn’t look too hard to remove the movement. I’ll just need good tools and steady hands right?

I have a few broken 7002 divers I’m going to practice on.

Unscrew the back, release the stem, Lift out the movement/movement spacer, and you're there. Protect the dial while you remove the hands.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:Protect the dial while you remove the hands.

He shouldn't need to remove the hands. Just take the movement complete from the Seiko and put it in the bronze case, dial and all. (That assumes, of course, that the cases are the same interior dimensions.)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:Protect the dial while you remove the hands.

He shouldn't need to remove the hands. Just take the movement complete from the Seiko and put it in the bronze case, dial and all. (That assumes, of course, that the cases are the same interior dimensions.)

I thought he wanted to swap dials and hands, etc.

RMD

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I should have clarified a bit. If it’s possible to swap the entire complete movement over with hands still attached that’s a lot easier right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
While I am utterly exhausted, I think we've done about all of the prep we can at my hospital. Measures are in place. Massive concessions in normal day-to-day operations. I'm doing 10-12 hours a day in the office, and working pretty much flat-out from home the rest of the day. Outdoor testing facilities, special stand-alone triage... By the grace of God we even located many more ventilators, and they're on the way in to be P.M.'d and stood up for use.

..Why isn't this posted in the COVID thread you ask?...

Because this post isn't about COVID. It's a documented promise to myself. --

When this shit is over, I am getting one HELL of a fuCking watch!

Posts: 11357 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to see what kind of watch you get when this crazy crap is over rOgue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:If it’s possible to swap the entire complete movement over with hands still attached that’s a lot easier right?

Correct. Since your bronze watch already has a Seiko movement, it wouldn't make sense to take the dial and hands from one Seiko to put on another. Doing a complete swap so you get a Seiko dial and hands from your old Seiko case onto your bronze case should be really easy as long as the internal dimensions of both cases are similar.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post