SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Beautiful watch. The lander is pretty cool too.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
VERY VERY coool! Love the 50th Omega Speedmaster Professional.

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What can you guys tell me about the Glycine Combat Sub? How is the quality? The movement seems to be based off the ETA 2824-2/ SW-200 so it should be good to go right? I found one with a dial I really like and the thin size of the watch is quite tempting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Glycine is now owned by Invicta. I have not direct knowledge as to how this has affected quality.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
What can you guys tell me about the Glycine Combat Sub? How is the quality? The movement seems to be based off the ETA 2824-2/ SW-200 so it should be good to go right? I found one with a dial I really like and the thin size of the watch is quite tempting.

Check on Amazon and watch forums (i.e., watchuseek).

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I know this is supposed to be a picture thread, but you all seem exceptionally knowledgeable about the watch subject so here’s my next question. How reliable are online watch resellers like Bob’s Watches and Crown & Caliber?

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Polyester verses polyamide on a new to me Hamilton khaki. Thanks vthoky!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Looks great, stickman, and it will serve you well.
Enjoy!

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
I know this is supposed to be a picture thread, but you all seem exceptionally knowledgeable about the watch subject so here’s my next question. How reliable are online watch resellers like Bob’s Watches and Crown & Caliber?

Bob's has a good reputation, although I haven't dealt with them.

I don't think you can generalize - investigate each on the well-known watch fora.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Just caught this on Antiques Roadshow. Seems appropriate for this thread. Really happy for the fellow.

Link to original

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just caught this on Antiques Roadshow. Seems appropriate for this thread. Really happy for the fellow.

Wonder if he'll decide to sell.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Wonder if he'll decide to sell.

Unbelievable! Would love to see a follow up story on this one and find out if he sells like you said.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link to original

Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Cheers, and that is a cool watch.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
That is one phenomenal Rolex watch! Congrats airman!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Many of you are very knowledgable when it comes to what movements are in various watches. Can someone point be to a good tutorial on this subject? Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Many of you are very knowledgable when it comes to what movements are in various watches. Can someone point be to a good tutorial on this subject? Thanks.

Study this first.

https://watchbase.com/

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Wow, nothing like easing me into it, Marzy! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here, just look at the movements and see how many are based off ETA.

You will notice many, many are actually ETA supplied movements and the super expensive ones, they make themselves.

Have fun!

https://watchbase.com/calibers

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Here, just look at the movements and see how many are based off ETA.

You will notice many, many are actually ETA supplied movements and the super expensive ones, they make themselves.

Have fun!

https://watchbase.com/calibers

I'll just stick to Patek in the future.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The gnomon exclusive version won me over. I decided to see firsthand how the Glycine Combat Sub stacks up against my other divers. Being a part of Invicta isn’t a huge issue for me. I’ve beaten the absolute hell out of one of my Invicta NH35A/Seiko powered divers and have been pleasantly surprised by the robustness of the watch.

The combat sub comes in at 10.6mm thick, Yes you read that right it is only ten point six millimeters thick. Quite a skinny diver compared to the competitors in the same price range. To be honest though the sand dial and unique 3,6,9 & 4 o’clock date window won me over to the watch.

So far I like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~