SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Beautiful watches Mars. Smile

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Christmas gift from my wife; yeah, I helped her pick it out.

Love those Sinn watches! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Whoa..... Eek Eek

VERY NICE watches Mars!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I picked a 1996 two tone DateJust last night from a pawn shop. I got a stupid deal on it because nobody is spending money right now.

Well done! Is the Exporer II a new pickup too, or is that the welcoming party?

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very nice! I love that look. Super legible too. I love white hands over a black dial. Like the Omega Speedmaster Professional and several IWC. Excellent pickup!

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
I picked a 1996 two tone DateJust last night from a pawn shop. I got a stupid deal on it because nobody is spending money right now.

Well done! Is the Exporer II a new pickup too, or is that the welcoming party?

Welcoming party.

I got the Explorer II last year.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

Very nice! I love that look. Super legible too. I love white hands over a black dial. Like the Omega Speedmaster Professional and several IWC. Excellent pickup!

Thank you. The picture is not good enough to show the color accurately; the dial is actually what Sinn calls “anthracite,” a rich grey color. It’s a great watch.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s rare that I will wear a Quartz watch. Prior to picking up this well worn beauty my only quartz watches were a pair of Citizen eco drive atomic wave watches and a bright red G-Shock rescue. I’m more into the automatics but I gotta admit I am liking this unique Hamilton day date “diver” with 100m WR.

My first experience with a Swiss Quartz movement has been good so far.
Eventually I am going to find the automatic version of this watch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Hamilton Khaki King Diver Quartz is pretty accurate, it’s currently slow by 1/2 a second from atomic time. If my common core math is correct it should be about 3.75 seconds slow a month. That’s way better than my G-Shock.

I got a boatload of NATO straps in today. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Scored a nice thickly padded new TDG Croco 24/22mm blue crocodile strap for a giveaway price. My Glycine factory blue and Sirtoli black alligator straps are not padded and as such allowed my big 46mm blue dial 2002 Glycine Airman to rotate somewhat on my 7 5/8" wrist. This cured the problem keeping the watch centered and anchored.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
My Glycine factory blue and Sirtoli black alligator straps are not padded and as such allowed my big 46mm blue dial 2002 Glycine Airman to rotate somewhat on my 7 5/8" wrist. This cured the problem keeping the watch centered and anchored.

My wrist is only 6.75", but I have found the same thing with non-padded straps. I've been using a Horween Shell Cordovan strap with my Certina (2mm thick bare leather, not even a backing), and it really helps keep the watch centered in place. The Certina has a 42mm case, so about the same proportion to wrist size as your 46mm case.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Unusually warm weather in North Carolina meant I got to go for a bike ride and a nice hike today. I got some great pics of one of my daily beaters and it’s new strap. Quite a pair they are.

Now that I’m finally finding some good quality NATO straps my opinion of them has changed quite a bit. I even have my beater Omega Seamaster on a nice NATO. Big Grin

The perfect blend of stylish dress watch & militaristic tool watch? I don’t know but I like my old Seamaster like this. Green on blue...it works more than I thought it would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

I brought my loupe and oyster cracker with me to authenticate it before I handed over the cash.

It's literally FLAWLESS. Whoever had it never wore it. The 3135 movement is just stunning beautiful. It keeps absolute perfect time for a 24 year old watch.

You got a classic there. Nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

You picked a very good one. Such a clean design. Those Germans make good stuff.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Having some fun mixing and matching. Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/WjTn3ffFJ1Q

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Unusually warm weather in North Carolina meant I got to go for a bike ride and a nice hike today. I got some great pics of one of my daily beaters and it’s new strap. Quite a pair they are.

Now that I’m finally finding some good quality NATO straps my opinion of them has changed quite a bit. I even have my beater Omega Seamaster on a nice NATO. Big Grin

The perfect blend of stylish dress watch & militaristic tool watch? I don’t know but I like my old Seamaster like this. Green on blue...it works more than I thought it would.

what kind of NATOs are those? I also wear my Seamaster on a Bond (black/gray) NATO a good bit. I've been buying cheap straps from the aptly named cheapestnatostraps.com for awhile but they don't have the texture of yours, which look like Omega's natos. But they have pretty decent leather straps for $10 so it's hard to go wrong.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't know where Stickman gets his NATOs, but try BluShark straps. They are quite nice.

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
The 'Vintage Bond' NATO straps are a few bucks more, but are very nice. Supposedly the band used by James Bond. They're carried by Blushark, Geckota and others.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
The 'Vintage Bond' NATO straps are a few bucks more, but are very nice. Supposedly the band used by James Bond. They're carried by Blushark, Geckota and others.

I have a Bond NATO on my 1946 Rolex. I got mine from Clockwork Synergy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
they might be slightly nicer but the Blushark natos don't really look any different from the ones at cheapestnatostraps. and they're 3x the cost.

but the ones Stickman is showing have a different, more silky weave like the ones Omega provides (for a measly $160.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post