SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 183 184 185 186

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Nice Rolex rOgue. Did you find it locally? I agree they are kinda undervalued, but sweet watches. I originally wanted that model until I saw the BLNR. Then I had to have one of those. I love my Sub a lot. I wear it the most. I like the clean face without the date.

I agree the glide lock clasp is a keeper. I appreciate the quick micro adjustments.

If they didn’t cost so dang much I’ve have 3 or 4 more!

Beautiful Rolies coloradohunter44!!! Did you just acquire the "Batman"? People are going crazy trying to find those now that the model has been discontinued (the new BLDR features a "Jubilee" bracelet and new movement). Enjoy yours!!!

I bought the BLNR before they went insane on the prices. I'm sure if times get tough I can make a tidy sum, but for now I shall keep it and enjoy wearing it. I like the colors, some do not. I did steal my glide lock bracelet off my Sub and put it on the BLNR. I then dropped my Sub off at Rolex in Dallas with a rubber b strap and had them replace the bracelet with a new one from Rolex. Not cheap, but what I really wanted. Thx.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

Posts: 9247 | Location: Colorado  | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I visited a local jewelry store to pick up something for my wife and I walked away with this neat watch at a great deal. This Kinetic Seiko Dive watch is sort of a hybrid between quartz and automatic watches. It feels similar to an automatic with its rotor that spins and charges a capacitor/battery which powers the quartz movement.

The accuracy, being a quartz movement is a bit better than Seiko automatics in the same price range that I am used to. I set it sometime last week and when I checked it today it was running around 1 second fast from atomic time.

The only drawback is the weight. It is a VERY HEAVY watch. It is also on the large side but I’ve gotten used to it pretty quickly. With a good Nato strap it looks and feels great on the wrist.

Posts: 15911 | Location: Winston Salem NC or VA Beach | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Case press recommendations?

For those of you who regularly take apart your watches for various reasons, do you use a case press for reinstalling the case back? What model do you use/recommend? I've searched Esslinger and Otto Frei, and find they range in price from ~$20 to over $1000.

I would need dies to handle up to a 42mm case, with the crystal being only 35mm. For me, this would be for very occasional use replacing batteries in quartz watches.

all your sig are belong to us

Posts: 8705 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I bought this cheap one off of Amazon. I have only used it three times, works great. I only do battery changes on mine and the wife's watches

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

“I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”

Posts: 1723 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone on the forum own a Fortis B-42 Cosmonauts Chronograph?

Posts: 978 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Time to get one in time for the 50th Apollo 11 anniversary!
Or even better an Omega Speedmaster 50th!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 38641 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Put my deposit down on an Omega Speedmaster 50th. Smile

----------------------------------
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1408 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:

AWESOME! Big Grin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 38641 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:

WOW! That's the new one with gold elements?

"Whatever you spend your time on, it's all you have". -- Faramarz

Posts: 8879 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post