SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
That's purdy, Mars. You made out nicely. Love the dial, such a nice shade of blue!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's as close as I can get to a blue Alpinist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post

Mondaine. I generally do not like quartz watches, but the simplicity of this spoke to me. Also, if you have ever ridden a train In Switzerland, the design is familiar to you as all their rail station clocks look like this watch.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
After 20 months of waiting my first roller has arrived

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
THERE IT IS! Congrats, Sir, it's beautiful.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That's a beaut! What is the roller or circle with 1-24 on it. Thought it might be 24hr time but doesn't match. Different time zone?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
What is the roller or circle with 1-24 on it. Thought it might be 24hr time but doesn't match. Different time zone?

It can be a different time zone or a 24-hour home-zone index, whichever you prefer. Just set it for whichever you want. Most pilots will probably want to set it for Zulu time, which is used for filing flight plans, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BrianO,

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I love the red dot showing the month, you can see it at 4pm

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
I love the red dot showing the month, you can see it at 4pm

Yeah, it makes it easy to tell the watch what month it is, so it knows whether to skip to the first after 30 or 31 days.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
It's as close as I can get to a blue Alpina.

I'm an Alpina fan as well...this is my blue Alpiner model (too lazy to shoot my own pic right now, but this is the one I have):

This is the blue Alpiner 4 I'd someday sure like to have...have lusted after this one for a couple years:

...and this is my other Alpina, an Extreme Sailing model (but w/ black dial)...again, not my pic, but it's the one I own:

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

You just gave me a priapism.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, the vintage Seamaster is done with service.

It needed more parts than I thought. The stem had to be replaced also. It had a chunk taken out of the retaining ring.

It had to be fitted to the watch, but that was easy enough.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Soooo cool Marsy!

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congrats Timdog6. Never sell your first. Never have it polished either, it won't seem the same. That's my advice. I had my 1997 ExpII serviced and polished at the RSC. It was never the same. Sold it a while ago. I miss it.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I got my first Samurai! I get why people like these things. It’s hard to photograph the dial and the way the waves catch the light....it’s just a beautiful dial. The black ion finish is also unique.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Seiko Sea Urchin, new to me by way of At-home-daddy.

It's like McDonalds... "I'm lovin' it."

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dang nice watch. I love my Rolex watches too.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

Mondaine. I generally do not like quartz watches, but the simplicity of this spoke to me. Also, if you have ever ridden a train In Switzerland, the design is familiar to you as all their rail station clocks look like this watch.

RMD

Not one I’ve seen anyone else post, I like it. Bought the wife one before a trip to and around Switzerland by rail. She didn’t understand the choice until halfway through and now she still treasures it.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
It's as close as I can get to a blue Alpina.

I'm an Alpina fan as well...this is my blue Alpiner model (too lazy to shoot my own pic right now, but this is the one I have):

This is the blue Alpiner 4 I'd someday sure like to have...have lusted after this one for a couple years:

...and this is my other Alpina, an Extreme Sailing model (but w/ black dial)...again, not my pic, but it's the one I own:

Got my first Alpina last year, the Seastrong 300. There was a deal running on red bezels so I jumped but now sort of wishing I’d gotten a black or grey bezel. Would love to figure out how to do that without paying for an entire watch. The Alpiner 4 is very clean and appealing. Would also like one of those.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Seiko Sea Urchin, new to me by way of At-home-daddy.

It's like McDonalds... "I'm lovin' it."

Glad it found a welcoming home -- continue to enjoy it! Smile

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post