SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Love the polar Explorer

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Lucky guys! The blue Alpinist is beautiful, I missed getting one by an hour or so Frown

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Lately, my Ball Engineer II has gotten the most wear time off work.

But after seeing J's Grand Seiko....for the second time, I had to search for one. And I found one I really liked!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Lately, my Ball Engineer II has gotten the most wear time off work.

But after seeing J's Grand Seiko....for the second time, I had to search for one. And I found one I really liked!

Both are beautiful watches.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thank you, brminpin. I know you're familiar with the Ball.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I love Ball watches!

I gave one to my older brother for Christmas and he is enamored with it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you, brminpin. I know you're familiar with the Ball.

Yup, love that Moonglow.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Which reference is the GS?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Model SBGX009
Caliber 9F61

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Model SBGX009
Caliber 9F61

It is very handsome.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, J. Could stand a better pic.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motorheadjohn:
Lucky guys! The blue Alpinist is beautiful, I missed getting one by an hour or so Frown

I was going to direct you to the For Sale ad below that I noticed a couple days ago, but it looks like it sold yesterday:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/...on-lnib-4911371.html

It is a beautiful watch. I still think I prefer my classic green Alpinist, but this one is certainly a close runner-up.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
On a completely unrelated matter, I'm now four months into waiting on Orient to fix a simple warranty matter on a watch. Fortunately, I've never had to send a watch in to any manufacturer for service, so I don't know what is the typical and expected length of time, but I have to say four months seems just shy of egregious, and so my patience is growing tremendously short.

This Orient is not only my first Orient but will most assuredly be my last.

Update to this: After about four-and-a-half months, my Orient is scheduled to be delivered today. One of the delays involved turned out to be an incidental crystal replacement that I requested, and the replacement crystal was noted internally to have a defect so a second replacement had to be ordered and installed. No idea if the original warranty issue (stoppage) has been addressed or fixed...guess I'll find out over the next week or so as I wear it, though perhaps the order receipt will have some notation to indicate. Based on my dealings with Orient thus far, I'm not optimistic.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I got a comfy Citizen lefty diver today. A Fugu (Japanese for pufferfish) limited Edition Asian market diver. So far I REALLY LIKE LOVE IT. The eight o’clock crown position is wonderful. I can move my hand all around and the crown stays out of the way.

I need to buy more left handed watches with eight o’clock crown positions. Other than missing hacking this thing is great.

Is that Chinese?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:Is that Chinese?

If you're referring to the ideogram in the date window, it could be Japanese or Chinese. The Japanese language has two alphabets, hiragana and katakana, and also uses idiograms borrowed from Chinese and called kanji. Given the location on that watch, though, it's most likely the Chinese character for "Friday."

Here's a graphic that may help:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BrianO,

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Tag Heuer Carrera stopped......again and now won't run. It's still under extended warranty, but I've read numerous claims of bad service by Tag repair center in New Jersey.

And advice on a good Tag repair center in the mid or west coast that can handle the 1887 movement without screwing it up?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
I like this Orient so far. Domed crystal as well as dial make the dial pop quite a bit, though I couldn't get a good photo wearing it without glare.

I'm not a fan of yellow gold, but like the subdued hue of 'rose gold' markers and hands. The band was a tan suede/shiny black trim combo that I think was chosen to highlight the gold. Not a suede type of guy, and it just seemed too busy.

Replaced with a Barton quick release band in 'espresso' that I think compliments the dial better, and allows the rose gold to appear more subtle.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
After owning my Bulova Lunar Pilot HAQ (High Accuracy Quartz) for a year or so and coming to understand the fundamental satisfaction that comes with high-precision accuracy, I sold off a couple of my Seiko automatics and picked up a Certina DS8 Precidrive Moonphase chronograph (C033.450.11.041.00) last week. While I'm still in the honeymoon phase -- given that it just arrived a few days ago -- I am absolutely in love with this watch.

I'd been wanting a nicely-styled chronograph with a blue dial for some time, and given that my affection lately has been for HAQs, I was looking at the new Longines VHP, but just couldn't justify the $1500'ish tag on it. When looking at the Certina DS2 (the one w/ red or green accents, but black dial) and researching their thermocompensated HAQ Precidrive, I happened to stumble upon the DS8 and was instantly taken by it. It had everthing I wanted: HAQ (Chronometer-certified by COSC @ +/- 10 seconds/year), blue dial with clean design, no diver bezel (have become a bit weary of that look), bracelet, etc. -- and that Moonphase function, something I never even would have thought about, was the icing on the cake...I love its functional and visual inclusion. I don't know if there are any other Moonphase HAQs out there, but it's minimally uncommon if not completely unique, which gives it a nice distinct character and cache.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is nice looking. I like moon phase indicators. It is a cool complication.