SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:...Laco told me the usual length strap is for up to 21cm arms, and the XL is for longer.

21cm is 8-1/4 inches, which is pretty big. If the XL is longer that that, it would definitely fit over the cuff of a flight jacket on most people.

See:

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly enjoy this thread but have nothing very nice to add, and may even get flak for it but...

Here’s my Seiko titanium chrono. A good friend gave this to me about 11 years ago. It was a present from his ex-wife. I put a maratac 4 ring Zulu strap on it and have unintentionally beaten the hell out of it since. It still has some mud caked in from my last obstacle course race. I also think it’s about time to replace the strap, some of the stitching has broken and two of the eyelets are now one, but I like the character so maybe I’ll just wait till it breaks outright.

I would like to replace the glass (or whatever) on it before decides to finally let in some water.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1191 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
I thoroughly enjoy this thread but have nothing very nice to add, and may even get flak for it but...
Now THAT is a well-loved watch!

A good cleaning and a new crystal will allow you to keep loving it for many years to come.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Great watch, policetruck!! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13491 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only flak I will give is get that damn crystal replaced. But hell, yeah! Uber respect for a hard working tool watch!

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
What do we think of the Explorer II?

The 16570? "We" think "I" shouldn't have sold it. My original first ever good watch! Traded it on a GV Milgauss which I sold because I learned that I dislike polished center link jewelry-shiny watches.

The new six digit model series? "We(I)" think it looks like the real watch had an allergic reaction to shell fish. It looks to my eye,... nasty as hell.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This is the one I want to buy.

https://www.crownandcaliber.co...riant=13631907266634

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the one I want to buy.https://www.crownandcaliber.co...riant=13631907266634

That's a nice looking watch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I know. Aren't they so clean and nice? They even make an XL strap to fit my wrist. Bastards.

I wish they made a small version to fit me better. (or do I?)

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

Check this out -- )but of course, be careful with the sellers)

https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=16570+

Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Ok, off topic a bit..

Shopping for a replacement crystal for the Seiko, I would like a sapphire replacement, should I be weary of replacements that don't specifically say sapphire? Or does a crystal replacement mean sapphire? Thanks.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1191 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Sapphire is only sapphire.
Crystal is lead glass crystal.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like that case, but prefer the white dial. Good choice either way.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is mine, got it a few years ago on special from PSA for $99. Generally retail for couple of hundred.
Believe they’re discontinued now. Very accurate, easy to read and, hey, it’s an ‘operators’ watch. That’s gotta be worth something, right? Cool

https://www.google.com/search?...imgrc=jKFo9rGaMGJkrM

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
For $99, it blows Invicta away as it had an ISO depth rating.
So it's a real dive watch that's affordable.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
OK here's my newest!
2003 Tag 2000 Professional Chrono!

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
VERY nice S.C.!

Posts: 4027 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, off topic a bit..

Shopping for a replacement crystal for the Seiko, I would like a sapphire replacement, should I be weary of replacements that don't specifically say sapphire? Or does a crystal replacement mean sapphire? Thanks.

Google Crystaltimes.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Good lord that TAG is huge on your stick figure wrist!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I know. Aren't they so clean and nice? They even make an XL strap to fit my wrist. Bastards.

I wish they made a small version to fit me better. (or do I?)

They do make 39mm versions of the lower end A- and B-types.

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post