SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
1916 trench watch. Strap is garbage, ordering correct one from England.

This could really be something wonderful. The hands remind me of Breguet. A little case cleaning and "just the right" strap, and it'll be wonderful. Dial I think is ok. Perhaps could be cleaned.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
This could really be something wonderful. The hands remind me of Breguet. A little case cleaning and "just the right" strap, and it'll be wonderful. Dial I think is ok. Perhaps could be cleaned.

I'll be getting one of these.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone recommend a good watch winder for under $300? I would like to have at four watches being wound at any one time. Thank you in advance!!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Can anyone recommend a good watch winder for under $300? I would like to have at four watches being wound at any one time.

I know of several quad watch winders, some of them under $300, but GOOD watch winders for under $300 are a tougher target.

I'd suggest one of these, and rotate your watch collection on it: https://www.jomashop.com/starf...ls5-033-1eb-f-8.html

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kaygee
posted Hide Post
Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Grande Date

________________________________________________________________________________________
"It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to post in the Lounge and remove all doubt" - KG

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I had to buy it for him because he kept buying those shit Invictas.

I laughed so hard at that. It does kind of hit close to home though. I’m wearing one now for work and I have a drawer full of watches costing much more. My 8926OB that’s +3 spd fast that I got for $46 of Amazon is maybe my favorite.

I have 3 Daniel Defense AR and an Arsenal AK but my favorite go to AR has a $400 PSA Upper on it.

I’m weird that way I guess.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Invictas stutter really badly, but what do you expect for a $60 auto. The Orient sweeps smooth.

My Ball Trainmaster sweeps as smoother than my Omega at 28,600. Just beautiful.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Invictas stutter really badly, but what do you expect for a $60 auto. The Orient sweeps smooth.

My Ball Trainmaster sweeps as smoother than my Omega at 28,600. Just beautiful.

I’ve never seen an Invicta stutter if you mean like a Miyota stutters. But the 21,600 is more noticeable.

I’d love to have a Ball watch. Right now I’m trying to figure out how to acquire a Grand Seiko Spring Drive Diver. That’s my grail watch at the moment.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s my grail watch at the moment.

Isn't it funny how this always changes? Keeping us looking....

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Better shots...

Good looking watch!

Orient has a nice orange shade. I also appreciate the fact that they paint the hands in a contrasting color.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
quote:

I'll be getting one of these.

Yes, a service by a reliable watchmaker would be a great idea. Love the dial. That patina is well-earned.

Congrats!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I had something land on my porch from Germany today.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had something land on my porch from Germany today.

A new Glasshutte?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
An Orange watch is always the right choice! I've had a bunch. None have stuck for me. But I have one inbound (due in September). I just can't stay away.

I’m lusting after one now, but haven’t been able to find the right deal on it yet. But I’m going to keep looking…

Btw, beautiful Zenith, Orient, and Steinhart above. ^^^ Love all the variety of brands, ages, values, etc. in this thread.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of Steinharts including a Triton 100 which I foolishly flipped. Good watches.

RMD

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice Marzy. The case has good proportions.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I bought it for SC because he keeps buying those shit Invictas.

I wore it for a day and it is fantastic. Now I want one for me.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
An Orange watch is always the right choice! I've had a bunch. None have stuck for me. But I have one inbound (due in September). I just can't stay away.

I’m lusting after one now, but haven’t been able to find the right deal on it yet. But I’m going to keep looking

...aannd as luck would have it I found the right deal, and bought it today. Took a while because even though it’s a cheaper watch, it’s not nearly as readily available as it once was (it may, in fact, be discontinued in orange), so general scarcity has kept the the somewhat inflated price stable. But I finally negotiated one from an AD down to around its former retail, and hope to have it (from the Netherlands) in a week or so. Can’t wait to get it.

It’s an Orient Mako XL with orange bezel...a poor man’s Omega Planet Ocean (a watch I’d of course love to have, but fortunately for my wallet I’ve been able over the years to keep my watch max fixed at $500...and truth be told there are stylistic choices of the Orient that I actually prefer). Sure, it doesn’t handwind or hack and the movement is a basic one, but by all measures Orient is a good brand and, most of all, I just think this is an absolutely gorgeous watch, one that really scratches my love for orange.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post