SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by DC3S:
Seiko Kinetic World Time Black Dial Men's Watch SUN069P1

Hi guys,

What is the latest intel on CreationWatches and JomaShop?

Any good or bad experience with either?

Cheers.

I buy from Jomashop all the time. One time they sent the wrong model of a watch but they took care of it quickly.

Great, Thanks.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi guys,

Cheers.

I buy from Jomashop all the time. One time they sent the wrong model of a watch but they took care of it quickly.

Great, Thanks.

Just be aware they are grey market so their watches are warrantied by them not by the manufacturer

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Had to break out the old Orange Monster today. It doesn't get much wear anymore, but man I love the thick chicklets of lume. Great watch for the movie theater.

Love the Orange Monster. I have the Orange Knight.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a second generation Orange Monster, and it is a more violent shade of orange of Agony's. Mine is darker and more intense - less like the citrus fruit. I wonder if it is the photo or a change in color.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
It's probably just the photo...the orange is a deep rich colour.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Wanna see my gutz?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice, Marzy. Really nice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Wanna see my gutz?

Love the copper-plated 471 mvt. Classic.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
This old Seiko SKX007 was my first 'real' watch.
I bought it in the late 90's as my first treat to myself with my first real paycheck working in my profession. (Even though I lusted after the Omega SMP Bond, couldn't afford it for a few years.)
It's born on date is Nov 1997, using the 7S26A mov't. I've kept it bone stock since then, and it has never been sent in for maintenance. It has kept great time over the past 20yrs of service, but now I'm finding it's running almost a minute slow/day so it'll have to be serviced soon.

Anyway, for years it's worn either the OEM Z22 rubber strap or more often a one piece NATO.
After getting the PADI turtle with the strapcode super jubilee bracelet, nothing else feels comfortable anymore.

So with a couple gift cards I had laying around I got a new Super Jubilee for my old daily beater.

I was a little disappointed that the militat/strapcode solid end-links don't fit as flush as the strapcode end-links on the newer turtle. However I'm not complaining as it feels so much better on the wrist now!

Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi guys,

Cheers.

Great, Thanks.

Just be aware they are grey market so their watches are warrantied by them not by the manufacturer

Yes, Thanks for the reminder. Just looking for a basic daily wear.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I love the jubilee on that diver.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
what do you guys use to remove links in your watch band i lost some weightBig Grin and need to tighten it up i have the SNP071 Coutura Kinetic Perpetual calendar it has the ceramic band and it looks like 111 on it

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
what do you guys use to remove links in your watch band

Well, what I use is probably overkill for the average watch owner:
https://www.esslinger.com/seik...nd-sizing-tool-s-926

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Wanna see my gutz?

Beautiful gutz!!

I watched a video yesterday of a guy take down a Breitling Valjoux 7750 that was rusted from water incursion. I was a little shocked at how pedestrian and undecorated this movement was in a watch that costs as much as a Breitling. Seems they would have tried a little harder for the money.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Wanna see my gutz?

Beautiful gutz!!

I watched a video yesterday of a guy take down a Breitling Valjoux 7750 that was rusted from water incursion. I was a little shocked at how pedestrian and undecorated this movement was in a watch that costs as much as a Breitling. Seems they would have tried a little harder for the money.

RMD
There's no point in redding it up if it's a solid back.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
what do you guys use to remove links in your watch band

It depends on the band. Some have pins that are threaded, and all you need it a tiny screwdriver. Others have pins captured by tiny screws. Seiko bracelets (and some other manufacturers) have pins held in place with bushings/collars. Those are a pain in the ass, because you generally need a special pin removing tool, and a supply of new collars. BrianO's link shows one. There some other designs as well.

Some bracelets have several holes in the clasp so that you can make adjustments by moving the bracelet on the clasp without having to remove links. For those all you need is a spring bar tool.

https://www.esslinger.com/full-metal-spring-bar-tool/

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's no point in redding it up if it's a solid back.

Sure there is. Expensive, exclusive watches should have appropriately decorated movements. Someone is going to open it sooner or later.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Redding up Big Grin....gotta love Pittsburgh/eastern Ohio speak

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wanted a watch with a green face. When I saw the Seiko Alpinist I had to have it. Holy cow this thing is small: 38 or 39 mm depending on who you listen to.

Here it is on my wrist with the only 20mm NATO strap I have. How small is too small? I have 8.5” wrists. Maybe I’m just used to larger dive watches and G Shocks. What do y’all think?

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like it Jimineer. Remember that 39mm was on the slightly larger side of normal not very long ago.

My wrist is 8.25", so I can wear a big watch, but I like 39 to 40mm more than really big. Of course, some watches look bigger than their nominal size. Watches that are ALL dial seem bigger than watches with a lot of bezel or case. I'd say the Alpinist is in the middle - it isn't all dial, but doesn't have the big case of a Seiko Turtle.

My son, whose wrist isn't much smaller than mine, wears his grandfather's Datejust, which is 36mm. It looks good on him. My Explorer I, at 39mm is the perfect size for me, in my eyes. It is similar to your Alpinist in overall size.

I like those Alpinists a lot. Seiko loves to use gold hands and markers on green faces. I like that, too, but not with a steel case. If the hands were steel colored, I'd have one. Or if they made it with a gold case, setting aside the price that would make it.