SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Been enjoying all the great watches lately. For me, the new strap for my Glashutte Original came in a couple of days ago. I stayed with the same color combo but in alcantera and custom length specifically for the single fold clasp.

Now that is an exceptional timepiece. Good to see another Glashutte Original fan here.

Did you see the newly released Capital Edition of this watch?

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:

Now that is an exceptional timepiece. Good to see another Glashutte Original fan here.

Did you see the newly released Capital Edition of this watch?

The Capital Edition is pretty cool. I love the grey dial but I'm not a fan of how the hour markers are in two different colors (beige and white). I wish they stayed with the beige color throughout.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: brminpin,

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
The Capital Edition is pretty cool. I love the grey dial but I'm not a fan of how the hour markers are in two different colors (beige and white). I wish they kept stayed with the beige color throughout.

Looking forward to seeing what else they have for Basel. I like the Arabic numerals they put on the Senator Cosmopolite. I have Romans on my WG Chronometer, and am hoping to see some more Arabics.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently acquired PVD version of the Bulova Lunar Pilot. The strap will have to be replaced but otherwise I like it. Notice this model doesn’t have the date display.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Texans
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: btex,

Posts: 722 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Had to break out the old Orange Monster today. It doesn't get much wear anymore, but man I love the thick chicklets of lume. Great watch for the movie theater.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me with this Lunar Pilot. I'm sitting here wondering what I can sell to raise the funds...

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
One thing to know about the Lunar Pilot: The bracelet and band versions are not the same. The lugs are drilled closer to the case on the bracelet version. Close enough that putting a NATO strap on one might be problematic. Mine is on a bracelet, and it's surprisingly nice for the price point, but after having seen one on a brown leather NATO...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
One thing to know about the Lunar Pilot: The bracelet and band versions are not the same. The lugs are drilled closer to the case on the bracelet version. Close enough that putting a NATO strap on one might be problematic. Mine is on a bracelet, and it's surprisingly nice for the price point, but after having seen one on a brown leather NATO...

Yeah, this is why I got the strap version. I usually don't like bracelets on most watches. My brother recently got all three versions recently and states that you have to put the pins on while the NATO is in place on the bracelet version as it's too tight a fit to simply run the strap through. He ended up selling the bracelet version and kept the strap and PVD watches.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Just discovered something really strange on my PADI turtle....it has arabic days instead of spanish or french. At first I thought it was kanji with my failing eyesight, but it's definitely arabic.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Just discovered something really strange on my PADI turtle....it has arabic days instead of spanish or french. At first I thought it was kanji with my failing eyesight, but it's definitely arabic.

I have a similar Seiko SKX00x that a friend brought me back from the Middle East. I'll post a pic of it.

Vince

Posts: 307 | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Had to break out the old Orange Monster today. It doesn't get much wear anymore, but man I love the thick chicklets of lume. Great watch for the movie theater.

I will call your orange monster with a black monster and raise you a Prospex Solar Diver Chrono. Love Seiko Divers...

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
Looking forward to joining the SIGforum watch club. I've got a Glycine Airman coming to me shortly. I'll post a wrist check as soon as it gets to me.

Nice. Can't wait to see it.

Finally able to get a minute for a wrist shot.
Glycine Airman Ref. GL0055 with their modified ETA 2893-2 movement. My first real watch after a lifetime of Timex Expeditions.

I'm thinking about getting the for it. Any NATO suggestions for white dialed watch?

It was a tough sell for my wife. My current Timex watch is still working. Though getting a little long in the tooth after about 9 years of hard work. She said that she only replaces shoes after they are completely destroyed. I asked how many pairs of shoes she owns.
Game. Set. Match.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any NATO suggestions for white dialed watch?

Basic black. It's manly, and a perfect counter to the white dial. For something more "sporty," the black and gray "new" Bond NATO (as opposed to the original Bond multicolored pattern from 'Goldfinger').

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
For the price these are my favorite Nato’s. Nice and thick and hold up well. I have like 6 of them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...ef=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Looking forward to joining the SIGforum watch club. I've got a Glycine Airman coming to me shortly. I'll post a wrist check as soon as it gets to me.

Nice. Can't wait to see it.

Glycine Airman Ref. GL0055 with their modified ETA 2893-2 movement. My first real watch after a lifetime of Timex Expeditions.

I'm thinking about getting the for it. Any NATO suggestions for white dialed watch?

It was a tough sell for my wife. My current Timex watch is still working. Though getting a little long in the tooth after about 9 years of hard work. She said that she only replaces shoes after they are completely destroyed. I asked how many pairs of shoes she owns.
Game. Set. Match.

Well done!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Seiko Kinetic World Time Black Dial Men's Watch SUN069P1

Hi guys,

What is the latest intel on CreationWatches and JomaShop?

Any good or bad experience with either?

Cheers.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:

WOW!
I resembles the old Bulova Astronaut.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DC3S:
Seiko Kinetic World Time Black Dial Men's Watch SUN069P1

Hi guys,

What is the latest intel on CreationWatches and JomaShop?

Any good or bad experience with either?

Cheers.

I buy from Jomashop all the time. One time they sent the wrong model of a watch but they took care of it quickly.