SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Thoughts on the Tavannes Ocean Edge? What little ive found on them says there are better watches at the same price point. However, I found one for 175.00.....how bad can it be. Seller even has the original receipt for 750.00 Red Face

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Glashutte Original Senator Chronograph Panarama Date

Dude... WOW!

2nd-ed. r0gue's Glashutte is gorgeous & this one would be a close #2 for me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Thoughts on the Tavannes Ocean Edge? What little ive found on them says there are better watches at the same price point. However, I found one for 175.00.....how bad can it be. Seller even has the original receipt for 750.00 Red Face

ETA movement so if its in decent shape, good price.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
crni4, go to Deep Blue watches. Cyber Code: DEEP for the 40% discount. I like that watchband in your post, nice! It looks like a Blu Shark brand, they make great bands.

https://www.deepbluewatches.com/index.html

THANK YOU!!! I was literally just going to purchase one and this code saved me $120 bucks.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:

That jubilee bracelet is a nice looking change from the stock bracelet. I wouldn't have thought a jubilee would be a good choice for that watch, but it sure is.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

That jubilee bracelet is a nice looking change from the stock bracelet. I wouldn't have thought a jubilee would be a good choice for that watch, but it sure is.

I really dig it. I'm not a fan of the original bracelet that came with the watch. Also not a fan of Seiko's jubilee...they just feel cheap. The Strapcode bracelets are good quality for sure.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Went with an OG nerd style today.
Casio Royale

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post

Seiko calls this color combination "Blue Lagoon." I really like the blue.

I am going to take a page from Agony's book and put it on a Strapcode Jubilee bracelet. I do think the factory black silicone looks good, but the factory bracelet, wihch is a modified oyster is not very good-looking.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Interesting you say that. I have that strapco jubeliee bracelet and don’t care much for it. Wanna trade? Send email if interested. Thanks

Ps love that blue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crni4:
Interesting you say that. I have that strapco jubeliee bracelet and don’t care much for it. Wanna trade? Send email if interested. Thanks

Ps love that blue.

I already ordered the bracelet. I like the black rubber, so I would keep it anyway. Thanks for the offer.

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Agony motivated me to resurrect my ole Casio Illuminator W87H.
I originally bought it to pilot with about 15 years ago or so.
The rubber strap rotted away and I just used it as a car clock until the battery died.

So I had a NATO strap laying around.
My comment on the NATO strap. I. Hate. It.
Uncomfortable. Hard to strap onto wrist.
The watch rides high above the wrist.
Did I mention it's uncomfortable?
Ugh, I guess I'll have to spring for a black bracelet. The watch is only worth $11. :/

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am going to take a page from Agony's book and put it on a Strapcode Jubilee bracelet. I do think the factory black silicone looks good, but the factory bracelet, wihch is a modified oyster is not very good-looking.

NICE! The Blue Lagoon Turtle is a limited edition. Great looking combo.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
The rubber strap rotted away and I just used it as a car clock until the battery died.

Ugh, I guess I'll have to spring for a black bracelet. The watch is only worth $11. :/

Here's a nylon 2 piece strap that is only $20. It may be overkill on a $11 watch, but . . .

https://www.blusharkstraps.com...lections/kwik-change

Can you get a Casio rubber strap on Ebay or Amazon for cheap?

Shaman
posted Hide Post
A NOS sport strap is $15.
New the watch is $30.

I may just get a $5 generic strap.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

SC, you could try wearing the NATO differently. I actually prefer to wear it using the inverted tuck method. The watch doesn't sit as high this way. Or cut off the dangly bit of the strap and wear it like a traditional 3 ring ZULU.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sexy Blue Lagoon, jhe!
My brother found the new limited edition black turtle (they are calling it the 'ninja turtle' lol) for me in Tokyo. I can't wait to get it!

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
A pic of my incoming ninja turtle:

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
A pic of my incoming ninja turtle:

Where oh where did you find one for sale?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
The Zulu strap makes the most sense.

Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Damn! I have a Blue Lagoon, and I want the Ninja Turtle badly.

I can't find any online sellers yet.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post