SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:...I've wanted an MM300 for years. It's a beautifully finished watch.

Nice! (The watch, that is. The view? Not so much. It makes my feet tingle.)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:
Picked up this guy recently:

It was a liiiiitle bit of an impulse buy but I've wanted an MM300 for years. It's a beautifully finished watch.

Dude, that's a big watch. And it DOES'NT look big on you. You gotta have 8" wrists! Smile

Posts: 11357 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

It was a liiiiitle bit of an impulse buy but I've wanted an MM300 for years. It's a beautifully finished watch.

Dude, that's a big watch. And it DOES'NT look big on you. You gotta have 8" wrists! Smile

Ha! 7-7/8" I don't take links out of bracelets, I buy extras to add!

In all seriousness, the MM300 wears much smaller than its dimensions. My SKX007 wears bigger. The MM300 has a bigger bezel and smaller deeply set dial which shrinks it quite a bit. Plus, it has typical Seiko diver short lugs. That I'm wearing it on the lighter rubber strap probably helps as well.

Really, really enjoying this watch. A real keeper!

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'd kill for those wrists! haha! Sooo many big watches I love. IWC Portuguese 7 day. Blancpain Bathyscaphe. Oh I could go on and on an on.... The Marine Master is a great choice too!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:
Originally posted by leftnose:...I've wanted an MM300 for years. It's a beautifully finished watch.

Nice! (The watch, that is. The view? Not so much. It makes my feet tingle.)

That's not that bad. Go a few blocks south to the Sky Deck. That view will make you weak in the knees.

Leftnose, I see you're looking west on Madison.
Nice watch too.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I dislike Seiko sword hands, but adore the quality and function of a great Seiko diver. In my mind, it was the Marine Master like yours, or this 62MAS throwback/tribute. The MM is what? 44mm. This is 39mm.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

I saw this pic and said that's Chicago, scrolled down, yep. Cool pic.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd kill for those wrists! haha! Sooo many big watches I love. IWC Portuguese 7 day. Blancpain Bathyscaphe. Oh I could go on and on an on.... The Marine Master is a great choice too!

They introduced a 38mm Bathyscape. Just sayin....
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Leftnose, I see you're looking west on Madison.
Nice watch too.

Washington in that pic Smile
quote:
I dislike Seiko sword hands, but adore the quality and function of a great Seiko diver. In my mind, it was the Marine Master like yours, or this 62MAS throwback/tribute. The MM is what? 44mm. This is 39mm.

Yup, 44mm. Honestly, wears 40-42mm, though.
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I saw this pic and said that's Chicago, scrolled down, yep. Cool pic.

Thanks. View from one of my office windows. A good spot for watch shots:

Posts: 647 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice collection of watches leftnose.

Posts: 708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leftnose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brminpin:
Nice collection of watches leftnose.

Thanks. I'm fortunate that this is only a portion of my collection but just those for which I had a photo handy in that spot.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Picked this up a couple weeks ago

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Got this one a couple days ago

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
My newest edition to my watch stable is this Phoibus Ocean Master. Replete with manual helium release-valve, and sapphire crystal. I decided on a nice tri-color NATO band for it. For a microbrand, this one rocks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: eTripper,

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Congrats -- I'm a big fan of Alpina, a brand that doesn't seem to get its fair due.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:

Congrats -- I'm a big fan of Alpina, a brand that doesn't seem to get its fair due.

Im not much a of watch guy but have been reading a lot lately. I dont think I can bring myself to spend more than a 1k on a watch......yet. So my focus has been on "Value" based watches. The Alpinas kept poppoong up and I found this on in a style I liked.

I did pick up a Christopher Ward Trident Pro yesterday which is supposed to be a farily nice piece for the price. NExt on the list is a Sinn 104.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Another one from last week, because I think everyone should own a Pepsi bezel Seiko. Kinf of redundant for me having 2 other Seiko divers but this one was calling my name.

Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
That Seiko PADI is really sharp. Everyone who collects diver's, should have one. When your a watch-guy, and something calls-out to you, you gotta have it! Nice score, Warpig!

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The PADI diver is very special. That sunburst blue dial makes the watch.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine are 8.25". I always buy extra links, and there are few straps that fit.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another one from last week, because I think everyone should own a Pepsi bezel Seiko. Kinf of redundant for me having 2 other Seiko divers but this one was calling my name.

Does the face have a metallic sheen?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post