SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Photo Hosting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo Hosting Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
I have not posted a photo since the whole Photobucket thing. I know there are a number of sites out there but I find choosing one is confusing. I am looking for definite recommendations for a photo hosting site that is user friendly

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm having good luck with Postimage. It's not perfect but it works.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Imgur

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with Imageshack. Well worth a few bucks per month.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Fototime.com <$30 a year

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have been using Flickr with good success.

Slide1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Fototime.com <$30 a year

RMD

This has worked for me for years. I use it as a sales tool, also. I put items up and tag them with keywords, has worked great.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Since I am a long-time subscriber to Flickr, it's a no-brainer for me. I set up a special Album that is used only for posting to web fora and do it from there. (My primary use of Flickr is to host about 41,000 of my photos in an organized way.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses I will go exploring

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I'm having good luck with Postimage. It's not perfect but it works.

Jim

Same here if your main goal is “host to post”. Easy, quick and geared to that purpose. It’s also free.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used post image for four years , have not learned how to do it since google changed the universe

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Imgur

+1

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Since photobucket went cuckoo, I’ve been using TinyPic

Pretty straightforward

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
Since photobucket went cuckoo, I’ve been using TinyPic

Pretty straightforward

Same here, works great - free, fast uploads and easy pic links.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post