SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    SIG Factory Boxes
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Factory Boxes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Heres the box my Sig p229 came in with the plastic/ semi foam insert.

They say that a man with revenge in his heart should dig two graves. One for his enemy and one for himself. - Jonah Hex

Posts: 122 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: July 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Factory box for P226 X-Five Level 1, 9mm, circa 2011. This case is identical to the one for my SIGPro SP2022 except for the decal.

PlasticCase by GaryBF, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GaryBF,

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
The box that contained my recently-purchased LE trade-in P229:

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I love this thread! I can't wait to get back and crack open a brand-new SIG box again!! Big Grin

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life support terminated
posted Hide Post
I was at a local gun show a few weeks ago. There was a S&W revolver I was interested in. The revolver was properly priced for our area but if you wanted the box it was another $140.00. So just to be safe I keep the boxes of those new weapons I purchase. That is when I purchase a new weapon.

Posts: 91 | Registered: November 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dondavis3
posted Hide Post
@ West Texas Granny

Wow, that's crazy ...

I bought a used S&W Revolver from Cabela's that didn't have a box .

I contacted S&W and bought a box from them for $20 ..

This was 5 years ago .

Cool

Posts: 1385 | Location: Dallas / Fort Worth Area | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life support terminated
posted Hide Post
Yea its crazy but if you are collecting then the box that came with the gun with all of the tags,inserts and tools is just as important as the gun being factory original and serial number correct.

OF course if you just want something to shoot then the box may not be a requirement for someone.

BTW that cheap "tagged" cardboard box my X-5 came in is safely put away in storage just in case I decide to sell it in the future. Not likely but just in case.

Posts: 91 | Registered: November 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, who knew those old S&W boxes would be worth so much down the road? I've always kept the boxes when buying new guns but not necessarily with any value in mind.

Semper Fi Gents,
-Joe

Posts: 1429 | Location: Somewhere in Hudspeth Co. | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
It would be cool if this was in the Sig Pistol section along with the SN post instead of here. I always have to try and remember where this is! Smile

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of proud2pak
posted Hide Post
bump for a great thread

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2197 | Location: Utah | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE Eludium Q-36
Explosive Space
Modulator
Picture of Growler67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by proud2pak:
bump for a great thread

Ummmm, it's pinned as a "sticky". No need to "bump" a thread that is pinned to the top of the page Razz

Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfection is an Ideal and thus cannot exist in the real world. To seek perfection is to set yourself up for failure. Instead, strive for Excellence. Excellence is an attainable goal -Coach George Yamamoto, Mililani High School, RIP

Posts: 9699 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
But we're always hoping for new content. Notice that some folks fail to keep their photos linked.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
I've just been through this thread and realized that I have one that isn't represented here (or perhaps I missed it). I'll have to look at my triple serial numbered P226 to figure out the date. It's been with me a long time...

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of proud2pak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Growler67:
quote:
Originally posted by proud2pak:
bump for a great thread

Ummmm, it's pinned as a "sticky". No need to "bump" a thread that is pinned to the top of the page Razz

Must've missed that...

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2197 | Location: Utah | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Since this isn't a SIG-branded case, let me know if you want me to remove it.

This case came from the factory with the Sig Pro CustomShop SPC2009, of which only 300 were made. The gun is engraved and it's two tone, so I assume they chose the case to match (it appears to be made by TZ Case). My gun was made in March 2004. More info on the gun here.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbaker45:

Another box like my P226-KJ came in when I bought it back in 1989.

Posts: 439 | Location: PNW | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darith
posted Hide Post
Here's the First Rifle Case Picture

2011 July | SIG SAUER Rifle Case for the SIG 516

With a foldable pistol grip for the 516, I was able to fit my SKS, the 516, and optics into this single rifle case. I have to admit that it's flimsy plastic, but I'm grateful it came with the gun.

SIG 516 | Leupold VX-II 3-9x40mm LR BDC Reticle on Bobro QD Scope Mount | Dueck Defense RTS | Primary Arms Micro Dot on Gear Sector Offset Rail Mount | RainierArms Raptor Charging Handle | Magpul STR Black | Geissele 2-stage G2S Trigger, AAC SDN-6, Fab Defense Mako Folding Pistol Grip, Mako Foregrip Bipod + Insight HX120 | Magpul AFG2, Phase 5 EBRv2, Knights Armament Trigger Guard
VEPR 12 | TSS G2 Trigger Group | CSS GK-01 | Molot Modified Choke | Bonesteel AR Folder w/ Magpul STR, Primary Arms Micro Red Dot | Custom Stippled Handguard
SKS Norinco 56 Series w/ Prism Bayonet
Heckler & Koch P30S Variation 3 w/ New Light Firing Pin Block Spring from HKParts.net
+more

Posts: 343 | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Here is the box from my 1977 Hawes import 220.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great thread, interesting evolution. My favorites were the greys from the 90's. Gotta love retro Smile

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some more rifle "boxes" (~ 10 years old Swiss polystyrene packaging).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bimex,

Posts: 44 | Location: Finland | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post