SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    SIG Factory Boxes
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Factory Boxes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
i recently bought a used p239 at the lgs and it came in a tan colored box....any one know what this means?

if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Posts: 148 | Location: enfield ct | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
i recently bought a used p239 at the lgs and it came in a tan colored box....any one know what this means?

That's one I haven't seen. Is your photo off-color; it doesn't look tan?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know where I can get a dark grey box for my 1995 P226? mikfin51@yahoo.com

Posts: 140 | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
[QUOTE]i recently bought a used p239 at the lgs and it came in a tan colored box....any one know what this means?

That's one I haven't seen. Is your photo off-color; it doesn't look tan?[/QUOTE

here it is against a blue sig box to compare.. definitely a desert tan/ beige color....
anyone know?

Posts: 148 | Location: enfield ct | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dondavis3
posted Hide Post
I've never seen one that color. Eek

Cool

Posts: 1385 | Location: Dallas / Fort Worth Area | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a internet search and came up dry when I first bought the pistol. My curiousity faded..and then I saw this thread, and It renewed my interest.

Picture of dmac82
posted Hide Post
My best guess would be Sun fading on this one. ::SHRUG::

quote:
Originally posted by toddt:

Posts: 634 | Location: lost in the mountains | Registered: November 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220 CPO '07

Posts: 956 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
From my newly acquired P226
Proof KA = 1990.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NavyGuy,

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Posters:
I sold this thread to Parabellum as a historical reference. To serve that purpose we need to know what the box contained, if not obvious, and the date of the gun.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
228 101xxx unk date

Posts: 956 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Sig CPO P220. Box has a date of November 2010 on it. I just picked it up today. Letters stand out in first photo because I made sure the light reflected in the letters, otherwise, they are barely noticeable.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PHOSCHEKER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flea7:
Gun:P229R Elite Stainless .40
date:12/2010

Mine came with one of these new black boxes, manufacturing date of 9-23-2010 , p220r equinox. SN: 37A005XXX also came with a grey black band on the grip. I guess this is the color for new guns.

-----------------------------------

\

Posts: 155 | Location: CA | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scarinjo
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my P220R last month, date on the box is July 10th 2010, the box is all black.

Posts: 26 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Add a 2010 German produced 226/220/228 box:

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Please keep them coming and keep them posted.

Picture of Zig's SIG
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just picked up my warranty replacement P229R today from my FFL in this type of box also: E29R-40-BSS; birth date of 5/12/2011.

Businesses don't create jobs, consumers do.

The new (or maybe not so "new") Golden Rule: "He who has the gold makes the rules."

Corruption is everywhere. Only the form and quantity vary.

Posts: 311 | Location: Arizona | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zig's SIG:
quote:

I just picked up my warranty replacement P229R today from my FFL in this type of box also: E29R-40-BSS; birth date of 5/12/2011.

Looks like the new box... Just picked up a new P226 with 3/18/2011 mfg date, and it came in the same box.

Posts: 659 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Swimm:
Here are a few more. Can't recall all the time frames and such but maybe other members can help there.

There were Law enforcement version of the regular cases too:

A couple of the SIGs I bought in Europe came in these types of cases in the 2000's

Most of the ones I got in Europe still came in the gray cardboard box though.

Then there was the old school color coded cardboard boxes. Different models had different colors.

Here is a real old P210 box.

and the first plastic boxes I think were like this. Mainly the German P6 pistols came in these, but my P220 fit it as well.

The early plastic cases in the US were gray plastic with formed interiors. Back in the 90's

thought i'd mention; the early plastic cases in the US also came in black, at least for a short period of time in 1992. the option of black or gray colored plastic case was offered as a bonus for buying a new Sig (see back cover of Sig Quarterly Vol. 3, Winter, 1992). i have a few examples of early plastic cases in black.

Edit; 9/12/2012

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bsg1,

Posts: 866 | Location: Southern California | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of sdf
posted Hide Post
This is a cool thread. Who would have thought boxes could be exciting?

Posts: 7139 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post