M11-A1, Alum Grips
P320 Carry, GG Trig
Hardline-Customs .308
CZ75 D PCR
SCPO(SW),USN,(Ret), SEA Class 55
September 16, 2014, 03:53 PM
soggy_spinout
My most recent SIG's box:

Not quite as huge as the blue plastic thing that my Gen1 516 came in, but certainly big and awkward enough (to stow away).

Neat thread, btw.
October 25, 2014, 11:24 PM
hkusp9
P220 Euro in .38 Super
January 18, 2015, 03:38 PM
Sig2340
The Royal Danish P-210 that lives inside this box belongs to a close friend.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
February 24, 2015, 03:15 PM
Mid February 2015, Dan's Ammo had a new batch of Montage Suisse P225 Imports. I was quite surprised when the factory box was different than what I had observed in any other pistol box. The box was in excellent condition as was the pistol. I looked through the photo pages of the various boxes and saw none exactly the same.

February 27, 2015, 07:32 PM
R K9 J
If I could figure out how to post a picture I would share the box to my Browning BDA.
April 02, 2015, 03:10 PM
While going through E-Bay I saw an old Sig P230 Box that was a bit different than I had seen before so I put in a low bid and actually won it. I looked at this string but the closest thing I could find was a 225 box posted by Ugeesta near the bottom of page 1. This box is pristine except for a “crunch” on the left rear. The cardboard used in the box is noticeably heavier and of better quality than the later orange P230 boxes I have observed.

Unfortunately there were no other identifying marks on the box. Can anyone tell me what year this box was from? The P230 was introduced in 1977; I would assume it was from that era or the early 80’s.

May 04, 2015, 08:45 PM
Leeann
SP2022 in 9mm on left, dated 5/10/2012. P250c in 9mm on right, can't remember the date (no longer own it and I bought it used), but it was either 2010 or 2011.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more
May 19, 2015, 09:19 AM
cedarhill
I just purchased a 226 with a gray box last weekend. Serial # tells me it was from 1995. It is very accurate but with the Sig magazines it is not staying open on the last shot. After reading various blogs I maybe holding it wrong or need some MecGar magazines.

NRA Life Member
May 05, 2016, 06:18 PM
.38supersig
Okay, so my blue box looks like the other ones, however the label is completely different...

(Last two digits omitted.)

May 08, 2016, 10:00 AM
GaryBF
Folks,
The value and content of this thread is diminishing because members are not keeping their photos posted. I was looking for a photo of an unusual tan-colored case and it is gone. If you change hosting sites, please move the photos to your new site. If you are leaving the forum, perhaps transfer your photos to another member.
May 22, 2016, 10:18 AM
ace73
Gary, I'm replacing my missing photo and adding a
couple more! Thanks for starting this thread!

Here is a black Law Enforcement that has been relabeled for a used 226.

And a blue one....

Here's one without the Sigarms name....

and one we don't hear much about....a Mauser M2
I believe Sig purchased the name in 1999 but the plant is now closed.

July 08, 2016, 02:06 PM
GaryBF
Interesting that this is a blue box with CPO labels; CPO boxes are usually red.

July 09, 2016, 05:44 PM
cxm
Is your gun actually chambered for 9mm Steyr???

I have never seen or heard of that...

THanks

Chuck

quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Okay, so my blue box looks like the other ones, however the label is completely different...

(Last two digits omitted.)

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
July 28, 2016, 12:52 PM
Landchipper
I really appreciate the effort from everyone and have learned a great deal from this thread.
My question is, when and what were the tan (light brown) plastic cases used to hold?

Too many SIGs .. ... Nah not really
July 31, 2016, 10:16 AM
GaryBF
quote:
My question is, when and what were the tan (light brown) plastic cases used to hold?

Good question. Do you have one? The only one posted here was apparently taken down by the poster.
July 31, 2016, 12:36 PM
.38supersig
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:
Is your gun actually chambered for 9mm Steyr???

I have never seen or heard of that...

Thanks

Chuck

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you on this, I found a new P220 and the box was different.

Sig did make very few P220s in 9mm Steyr. I had a discussion in the pistols forum and it seemed to have little interest. You can read it by clicking here. I asked a friend of mine to send a request to the ATF to see how common the 9mm Steyr P220s are. A few months later she got a reply saying there were only two. Both of them are in my safe. There aren't any at the Smithsonian, the Cody Firearms Museum, or even Exeter NH.

Anyway, here is the box for a 9mm P220 X-Six made in 2016.

July 31, 2016, 02:05 PM
Landchipper
Yes, with my P6 but I cannot confirm it was even close to original. I have never seen another and would like to find some parameters for that color. It would seem a bit different I guess. Please excuse my lack of knowledge.

quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:

Good question. Do you have one? The only one posted here was apparently taken down by the poster.

Too many SIGs .. ... Nah not really
August 25, 2016, 02:23 AM
Modern Day Savage
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Folks,
The value and content of this thread is diminishing because members are not keeping their photos posted. I was looking for a photo of an unusual tan-colored case and it is gone. If you change hosting sites, please move the photos to your new site. If you are leaving the forum, perhaps transfer your photos to another member.

GaryBF, this is one of those threads that I've been trying to remind myself for years to visit when I have a faster internet connection and more time... but I never seem to remember to.

An interesting effort, but I have to say that it is disappointing to see so many disabled picture links. I feel that I've missed a wealth of knowledge without them. I'd like to echo your comments and urge members to maintain their picture hosting links or pass their pictures on to someone who will. I can't imagine where we would be with the long running SN thread if members didn't provide that useful information.

On your first post, sixth picture down, of the dark grey plastic box, you listed a number of SIGs that came in the box, but you omitted one. The P229. I'll leave it to you to determine whether that small detail is worth editing your post.

Also, a question. Are you interested in having duplicates posted of boxes, or are you seeking to keep a single example of each only. I have a number of SIG boxes that are duplicates of ones already posted.

I also have a couple boxes that aren't currently pictured in the thread.

Email sent to profile contact.
August 26, 2016, 09:29 AM
GaryBF
quote:
On your first post, sixth picture down, of the dark grey plastic box, you listed a number of SIGs that came in the box, but you omitted one. The P229. I'll leave it to you to determine whether that small detail is worth editing your post.

Done.