SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    It's Spring! Motorcycle riding time. Let's see your bikes
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Spring! Motorcycle riding time. Let's see your bikes Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
I currently have two Sportsters, I'll be selling the 09, but rode both of them today. Lets see your rides too!!

Be careful out there my friends!!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
They are in beautiful condition! Keep the rubber side down!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

'16 Yamaha FJ09. I need to get some better pictures, but that won't be happening any time soon judging by the weather forecast. Frown

Did sneak in a short ride Friday, the thermometer nudged 60° for a couple of hours mid-day.

REALLY looking forward to riding season!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I actually took this pic to use on my Craigslist posting. I have had this bike 4 years and only 2900 miles. Haven’t ridden it in over a year so to a better home she goes.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Nice bikes guys. Dusty, too bad you don’t use it enough. Probably for the best.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Here's the 2010 Fat Bob I got a couple of months ago, the decision to buy being confirmed by the good members here. I'll be out on it in a bit- it's warming up nicely so far.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Not a very good picture...my 2001 FLHR-I with 98whp and 96tq...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Some nice bikes! Hey PHPaul that looks like a much better seat than the FJ 09 I've seen. I local shop has a good price on a 2017 FJ 09 I've been looking at it. Would you get the FJ 09 again if you had to do over?

Here is my Honda 919 Hornet. The the "naked standard" Fun Bike A Honda that was made in Italy.

My Yamaha FZ6R

My Yamaha FZ1 The arm stretcher.

Honda CRF250L Had it out today got mighty wet. Rained last 2 1/2 hours out.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some nice bikes! Hey PHPaul that looks like a much better seat than the FJ 09 I've seen. I local shop has a good price on a 2017 FJ 09 I've been looking at it. Would you get the FJ 09 again if you had to do over?

Abso-damn-lutely! That engine is freakin' AMAZING! The seat is a Corbin. The original was apparently designed by Torquemada. Horrible, painful plank of a thing.

The only other thing on the bike that could use tweaking is the suspension. I weigh somewhere around 215-220 dressed to ride and the suspension on the bike, like most UJMs, is optimized for someone in the 150-175 range.

They're coming out with a GT version late this year or early next. Several improvements touted. I won't be going there as I'm plenty satisfied with what I have and it will no doubt last me for as long as I'm able to ride, but a lot of folks are waiting.

Nice stable you've got there! I've been a Yamaha fanboy since I saw my first DT1 in 1971.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:

My Yamaha FZ1 The arm stretcher.

Ain't that the truth!! Once I get to about 4000 RPM's it's fun. Past 6000? Hope you know what you're doing Big Grin I've got the biggest shit eating grin underneath my helmet every time I get on it. These Gen 1's are nice bikes and being carbureted gives them a great burble during deceleration.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Sold my Triumph Thunderbird 1600 cruiser last year, and moved into the Sport Touring segment with a new/leftover 2016 Yamaha FJR1300. No regrets!

Pictured with an admittedly odd statue honoring a cow that in 1920 obliterated the world record for milk production by a single cow.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fz4vgq:

Did you get the DCT?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by fz4vgq:

Did you get the DCT?

Nope, manual for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fz4vgq,

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I sold my V-Star last year, and haven't missed it yet. But I'm sure I will when the weather gets warm.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This thread makes me sad, hit a lady that pulled out in front of me last may. 7 fractured ribs and a separated shoulder. Pic of totaled CTX 1300. I do like those Indians., the new Fatboy is sexy too. Just not sure if I'm ready yet.

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Bigswede, sorry to hear that, I have a friend that has been hit twice, he's back on the bike and just bought a new Road Glide took some time for him to get comfortable but he's back at it.

My Current ride 2016 CVO Road Glide... Just put new shoes on it, took a little ride to the gun store last night.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
This thread makes me sad, hit a lady that pulled out in front of me last may. 7 fractured ribs and a separated shoulder. Pic of totaled CTX 1300. I do like those Indians., the new Fatboy is sexy too. Just not sure if I'm ready yet.

Glad you are okay! Ya just can't be too careful.

FBLM LGB!

Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
My other