SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Custom themed box for 1911A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom themed box for 1911A1 Login/Join 
Picture of bripro
posted
I recently put up photos of my new Colt Python and the oak box I made for it. I really do appreciate the positive comments I got on that. I have made a few presentation cases along the way
and this was one of the first. It’s just a pine box with cdx plywood top. The heavy straps and slotted screws are in my mind suggestive of an earlier manufacturing era. I haven’t found my prize 1911A1 to keep in it yet but this Auto Ordnance is holding its spot in the meantime. I may have posted these pictures in the replies to my Dirty Harry box so if you have seen them before I do apologize. Thanks for looking, feedback is always appreciated good or bad. Brian.

With correct nsn added later

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bripro,

DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Posts: 155 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

However, I'd be hesitant to store it in there for any significant length of time. Foam traps moisture and promotes rust. It'd be a shame to do that to a nice 1911.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Of course that's how most guns come from the factory an can is it those boxes for years.

Looks great, very cool.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I like that!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Brian, that’s a really cool box, May I ask where you found it please.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Love it! Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great box....Nice cutting

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think that’s very cool, nice work!

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Looks authentic. Very cool.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post