SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Christmas present for the guy who has everything

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas present for the guy who has everything Login/Join 
Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted
My best friend lives in South Florida and he is rather well off. It's always difficult to buy him a present that he appreciates. I've done it a few times over the years, but what do you get the guy who has everything and can afford anything?

I won this year! He really appreciated what I sent him.

I saw Jeff Quinn post about it and I made the call two weeks before December 25th and bought one and had it shipped directly to my buddy.

He sent me this picture Christmas morning:

It's an Iroquois Deluxe tomahawk. Bobby Tyler is the guy who finishes the Henry rifles and Republic Forge 1911s with genuine case hardening. He also makes various styles of throwing tomahawks and this tomahawk in case hardened and engraved with a hickory handle. My friend says it's quite sharp as well and he loves the engraving. He's making a wood target and wants to practice throwing it and getting it to stick.

www.tylergunworks.com

I found Bobby a real pleasure to talk to on the phone too.

Posts: 955 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
You just cost me money, very nice piece. I might end up with more than one at $125.00 ea!!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Oh, that is nice!!!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 4991 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Christmas present for the guy who has everything
I thought this was going to be about hookers and blow.

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 14158 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post