SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Little something I put together today - First AR15 pistol Build - Almost finished
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little something I put together today - First AR15 pistol Build - Almost finished Login/Join 
posted
My first AR15 pistol....finally got enough parts to complete most of the assembly, still need a few things.....dust cover, QD End Plate, Hand Stop, BUIS, Optic and Sling. Few needed parts I want are out-of-stock (imagine that!) or I haven't quite decided on choice yet. But pretty happy so far....have about $775. in it right now, (saved a few bucks by using a Colt Mil-Spec trigger I had upgrade a few years ago so may upgrade that at some point). Haven't fired it yet, but very pleased with the way everything has come together so far. Really like the look and quality of the Griffin Taper Mount Tactical Compensator (maybe a Griffin Silencer in the future....lol), but I got the Blast Shield in the mean time. With the Blast Shield and Brace on, the pistol measures a very manageable 24 1/8 inches in length....without, it's right at 22 inches. May be a couple weeks before I get it completed and mount an optic, but looking forward to seeing the fire ball this thing will throw.....lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigTango,

Posts: 364 | Location: Houston | Registered: September 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought I would post this pic to show some size comparison. The top carbine is pretty short as carbines go, has a 14 1/2 inch barrel and pinned brake & shim takes it a hair over 16. (Pistol has a 7.5 inch barrel)

Posts: 364 | Location: Houston | Registered: September 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nicely done.

A year ago, I never would have given a second thought to an AR pistol. In November, someone at work turned me on to PSA. I now own a 10.5" 300 Blackout pistol.

For me, the Ar pistol offers a lot of power in a small pkg.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Very nice build Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Handy helpful
Hint:
You may want to include the words

AR pistol in the thread title
So the finger pointers
Don't start screaming
Click bait.

Your welcome

Thank you Bendable, I considered your suggestion and have edited the thread title. However, I'm not concerned with any "finger pointers", I have been posting in the Gallery for almost 17 years and I can't remember anyone suggesting that any of my posts could be considered as, or in any way related to "clickbait". I suppose there might be a forum member who has absolutely no interest in AR15's or no interest in firearms whatsoever, so lets hope my edited title saves them a click.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Nice FlameThrower! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Very nice build. Did you shoot it yet? What optic did you go with?

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still haven't completed the build, so I haven't fired it yet. I did get the dust cover (SI billet) and a handstop (Acme M-Lok Handstop/Barricade) and a sling (Armaggedon convertible carbine), but waiting on a Troy Ambi QD end plate and a set Of Sampson True BUIS. Still haven't decided on the optic. Would like to go with a Trijicon MRO, but 2 moa dot may not be enough for my old eyes. I'm thinking 3 moa at minimum, but I do want it fully enclosed with a small footprint. Will be a couple more weeks before I can spring for another $500, but will post pictures when it's completely finished and try get some pictures of first fire at the range.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have really come around on AR pistols. I prefer 10.5-11.5”. They are very handy guns and my pistol permit covers them and going to other states is easier than with an SBR.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost finished, just need to add optic, but ready to sightin the BUIS. With the upper and lower broken down, can get it and bunch of other stuff in this small 5.11 sling pack. Hope to get to range this weekend.