SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Some more wildlife photos from northeast North Carolina
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some more wildlife photos from northeast North Carolina Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I spent the evening in Alligator River NWR. From 5pm to 8pm I saw 16 bears. Here's a few highlights.

Momma and this year's cub

Momma and last years cubs

A young Cottonmouth

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I walked down a road that is closed to vehicles. There is a soybean field down the road that usually has a bear or two in it. It did not disappoint. As I was walking down the road looking in the field to my left, this bear came up out of the ditch and crossed the road in front of me. I never saw it until it was up on the road. Sorta startled me.

And naturally, there was a bear in the soybean field. With what appear to be be two raptors with it.

When I enlarged the raptors, I discovered they were two Great Horned Owls. I have no idea what they were doing in the field with a bear.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speaks Bendablese
posted Hide Post
Incredible photos.

Posts: 286 | Location: MD | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
When I enlarged the raptors, I discovered they were two Great Horned Owls. I have no idea what they were doing in the field with a bear.

And in the daytime, no less. The GHOs around here are strictly nocturnal, sometimes appearing as early as during evening civil twilight.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Great pics. I don't think that snake likes you.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow! Incredible photos. That’s is a beautiful part of North Carolina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Great pics. I don't think that snake likes you.

hope that was a zoom lens!!

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post