SIGforum
Some more wildlife photos from northeast North Carolina

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/5690090274

July 07, 2020, 11:33 PM
Micropterus
Some more wildlife photos from northeast North Carolina
I spent the evening in Alligator River NWR. From 5pm to 8pm I saw 16 bears. Here's a few highlights.

Momma and this year's cub

Momma and last years cubs

A young Cottonmouth

July 07, 2020, 11:37 PM
Micropterus
I walked down a road that is closed to vehicles. There is a soybean field down the road that usually has a bear or two in it. It did not disappoint. As I was walking down the road looking in the field to my left, this bear came up out of the ditch and crossed the road in front of me. I never saw it until it was up on the road. Sorta startled me.

And naturally, there was a bear in the soybean field. With what appear to be be two raptors with it.

When I enlarged the raptors, I discovered they were two Great Horned Owls. I have no idea what they were doing in the field with a bear.

July 08, 2020, 08:07 PM
Budlum
Incredible photos.
July 09, 2020, 07:28 AM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
When I enlarged the raptors, I discovered they were two Great Horned Owls. I have no idea what they were doing in the field with a bear.

And in the daytime, no less. The GHOs around here are strictly nocturnal, sometimes appearing as early as during evening civil twilight.

When in doubt, mumble
July 09, 2020, 10:48 AM
daikyu
Great pics. I don't think that snake likes you.
July 09, 2020, 11:06 AM
stickman428
Wow! Incredible photos. That’s is a beautiful part of North Carolina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
July 14, 2020, 04:22 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Great pics. I don't think that snake likes you.

hope that was a zoom lens!!

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/