SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Some more wildlife photos from northeast North Carolina

Moderators: LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some more wildlife photos from northeast North Carolina Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I spent the evening in Alligator River NWR. From 5pm to 8pm I saw 16 bears. Here's a few highlights.

Momma and this year's cub

Momma and last years cubs

A young Cottonmouth

Posts: 3429 | Location: Southeast Virginia | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I walked down a road that is closed to vehicles. There is a soybean field down the road that usually has a bear or two in it. It did not disappoint. As I was walking down the road looking in the field to my left, this bear came up out of the ditch and crossed the road in front of me. I never saw it until it was up on the road. Sorta startled me.

And naturally, there was a bear in the soybean field. With what appear to be be two raptors with it.

When I enlarged the raptors, I discovered they were two Great Horned Owls. I have no idea what they were doing in the field with a bear.

Posts: 3429 | Location: Southeast Virginia | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speaks Bendablese
posted Hide Post
Incredible photos.

Posts: 267 | Location: MD | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
When I enlarged the raptors, I discovered they were two Great Horned Owls. I have no idea what they were doing in the field with a bear.

And in the daytime, no less. The GHOs around here are strictly nocturnal, sometimes appearing as early as during evening civil twilight.

all your sig are belong to us

Posts: 9494 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Great pics. I don't think that snake likes you.

Posts: 2564 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Wow! Incredible photos. That’s is a beautiful part of North Carolina.

Posts: 16926 | Location: Winston Salem NC or VA Beach | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Great pics. I don't think that snake likes you.

hope that was a zoom lens!!

www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Posts: 8407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post