SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    If you wondered what an AR-15 looked like in Walnut
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you wondered what an AR-15 looked like in Walnut Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It's Tung Oil, so the light really has a lot of effect on what the wood looks like.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I wager that everyone who shoots this rifle, is going to enjoy it.

People might come in here, and poo-poo wood stocks on an AR. But they know in their hearts that it looks good, and now they secretly want it.

That reminds me of a line from Para's Glock thread Razz...

"You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name."...

I like it Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I think I like it. It stands out, in a good way. It's a nice mix of old school and new school.

Is the hand guard one piece? Or do you have to remove the FSB to install/uninstall it?

quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by staugustfla:
Why!?!?

Because patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Well said, citizen.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I priced that setup years back,just could pay their price,even though I thought it was beautiful
It would just get beat to hell as some of the other walnut stocked guns I used to own.
The Browning humpback,the centurion the bar and the marlin

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I think I like it. It stands out, in a good way. It's a nice mix of old school and new school.

Is the hand guard one piece? Or do you have to remove the FSB to install/uninstall it?

One piece?

Lord no. That would be a great way to sell no wood handguards. It is two pieces just like standard handguards.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put me down for one made of ash with this logo on the stock
http://www.mearsonlineauctions...00054/54264d_lg.jpeg

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
But... it is NOT evil looking any more... Lost all the black evil parts.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SuhlShooter:
But... it is NOT evil looking any more... Lost all the black evil parts.

Ok. ok. The joke is played out guys. We get it.

Can we move on from this please?

At least, I hope you're joking. In any case, let's get off the "black/evil" trope please.

In the name of peace and good will, if a walnut stocked AR isn't for you, just move along without comment.

Arc.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Looks good, has a vintage look. Will the wood handle the heat ok?

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I like it, it looks great. The evolution from Springfield -> Garand -> M14 -> this.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I really like that and bet it feels great in the hand.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
ohhhh, mamma! that's gorgeous!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Looks good, has a vintage look. Will the wood handle the heat ok?

I'd say "rapid fire" is out, but we'll see how it goes. If necessary, I can drill holes similar to what the actual triangular handguards have.

At worst, I roast a pair of handguards. Wouldn't be the first time.

Arc.

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Arc, I like it. I'm thinking about their products for a new lower to carry my iron-sited 16" .300 upper. Just the stock and grip in my case. Question: Does the stock come with the swing swivel installed?

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
First glance, I thought it was ugly.

After looking at it for awhile, I've found it's inner beauty.

Nicely done!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Definitely gives a classy look to the rifle. I like it quite a bit.
Nice work, sir.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I clicked on that little upper left block, thinking it was a photo link and now I cant see your original post. I saw the furniture in that link arc and it looks great. Hang that along side a FAL and its right at home. As much as I used to drool over green OD sets, the wood is every bit as nice.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phxtoad:
Arc, I like it. I'm thinking about their products for a new lower to carry my iron-sited 16" .300 upper. Just the stock and grip in my case. Question: Does the stock come with the swing swivel installed?

Todd

Yes, the rear sling swivel comes installed. I don't recall ordering that specifically.

Arc.

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Great. Thank you.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post