SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Blue Angles and Thunderbirds flyover of DC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Angles and Thunderbirds flyover of DC Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
Headed down the to the mall today to shot the flyover. It was sunny with no clouds so not the best conditions to get pictures. They were overhead for only seconds. I was hoping to get a shot with the Washington Monument in the background but without knowing the fly track or exact schedule it was touch.

Shot with the fly is nice though.

For those that know Downtown DC these were shot from next to the Reflecting Pool closer to WWII Memorial.

[/url]

[/url]

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so what happens when 10 jets break the sound barrier , within 130 feet of each other?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I particularly like numbers 3 and 4. So you didn't get the monument, but you did get some keepers! Nice work!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I particularly like numbers 3 and 4. So you didn't get the monument, but you did get some keepers! Nice work!

I agree, 3 and 4 are awesome.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
A couple more

[/url]

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Those last 2 shots are super cool! You can see how incredibly amazing their formations are, alignment within inches. Awesome!!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing! I was hoping they'd fly over my little part of Texas, and they actually did! I don't think it was part of the show but we had several touch and go's at the local muni airport!

Posts: 1983 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Great pics!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
nice shots, we watched them fly over atlanta from a rooftop in midtown. pretty cool, but I did not get any good pictures.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post