SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    2019 spring turkey hunts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 spring turkey hunts Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
Time for folks to post some turkey hunting pics. I got this tom at 7am my first day. I sure love to hear them gobbling. Let’s see yours too!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Beautiful bird! I'm leaving for my spring turkey hunt in two weeks and have the pleasure of going with a hunting buddy from the Netherlands. This will be his first hunt for turkey, although he's hunted wild pigs, coyote, and (as an observer) elk with me here in the past. I hope we're as successful as you were!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10-8
Picture of Apphunter
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how to post pictures but I did kill my first bird on opening day in Virginia. It was a great experience my cousin called the tom in and I was able to take it at about 30 yards.

It was a much needed lift for my spirits. My wife and I separated in early February and I'm not sure she wants to work things out. So spending some time in the church of the outdoors and harvesting my first bird was a true blessing from God and a much needed lifting of my spirits.

Posts: 914 | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Apphunter:
I'm not sure how to post pictures but I did kill my first bird on opening day in Virginia. It was a great experience my cousin called the tom in and I was able to take it at about 30 yards.

It was a much needed lift for my spirits. My wife and I separated in early February and I'm not sure she wants to work things out. So spending some time in the church of the outdoors and harvesting my first bird was a true blessing from God and a much needed lifting of my spirits.

Good for you. Go to Postimage. You can upload pics their and then use the link to post the pics on here.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Still funny after all these years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYuqJNJv-g

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That was good video RichardC.. Big Grin. Nice bird coloradohunter.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Nice bird. Smile

Our season doesn't open till May 1st. The state is clear cutting all the land I hunt, so I don't have high hopes.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
No more pics folks? Lets see some more Gobblers!!

FBLM LGB!

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
No full-on selfie pic because my arms aren't that long, but I got this big fella.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Went hunting spring turkey for the first time in New Mexico this week. Certainly didn’t expect this kind of weather in May! We’ve had lots of rain, hail, cold and (today) snow! Chased gobblers and called all day on Wednesday, but my buddy didn’t score until just before dark, when the clouds let loose. He managed to take two gobblers with one head/neck shot. He’s from the Netherlands, and these were his first turkey. I followed up yesterday morning and after about four hours of calling at two or three locations, we got four toms to commit. I was able to take these two at 17 and 20 yards. Great hunt, regardless of the awful weather!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Went hunting spring turkey for the first time in New Mexico this week. Certainly didn’t expect this kind of weather in May! We’ve had lots of rain, hail, cold and (today) snow! Chased gobblers and called all day on Wednesday, but my buddy didn’t score until just before dark, when the clouds let loose. He managed to take two gobblers with one head/neck shot. He’s from the Netherlands, and these were his first turkey. I followed up yesterday morning and after about four hours of calling at two or three locations, we got four toms to commit. I was able to take these two and 17 and 20 yards. Great hunt, regardless of the cold and wet weather.

https://i.imgur.com/a59D2HH.jpg

Congrats, turkey hunting is a blast. Nice pic.

FBLM LGB!

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I got two things this spring turkey season.

A young female porcupine that had been chewing on the side of the cabin and the flu. Frown

This year was my first extended turkey trip. I usually take three days, this year ended up being six. Four of which I spent in bed. (oh I wish it was a bed.. spent four days in cot.)

Took my nephew hunting for his first time, while he didn't get anything, we saw and called birds several times in the two days I was mobile. He also saw hens the one day he ventured out alone. Had a tom come in our first morning but he was unsure of the distance and I was in a bad position and couldn't see it, so no help in judging the distance. He didn't shoot and I keep reassuring him he did the right thing if he wasn't sure. Of course he's still doubting his decision. All in all he had a great time and I think he's hooked. I had a miserable time and am very disappointed after a years wait. Bugger.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post