SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What color should I make my gun? (Final Update)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What color should I make my gun? (Final Update) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
Big Grin

Building a match prop and 2 gallons of Duracoat in out of the question. Wink

This is "dark bronze"

"Hammered black matte"

Though the gray base coat has sort of a naval look to it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Way cool ! Maybe black out the ejection port and barrel shroud holes. I like the Navy look. You need to fix a belt of dummy rounds to that.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Still working on hooking up to the giant "ammo box".

The whole thing is cartoonishly oversized. The barrel shroud is 3" pipe.

No idea why I made the ejection port so high. lol

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Parkerizing colored.

Parkerizing varies from damn near black to gray to dark greenish gray to a medium gray with a noticeable greenish tint, so anything in that range would be accurate. Nearly black and very dark gray is the color of new parkerizing, with the variations arising from storage and conditions of use.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Deere green
Caterpillar yellow
International Red
ford tractor blue
case tractor orange

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think a real light pass or two with some OD green would give it a pretty convincing parkerized look, based on where you’re at right now.

I hope you’ll show us how it turns out!

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Olive drab.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I plan to try some olive drab, that's easy enough to do, easy enough to buy.

The level of care given this project since I started has dropped dramatically due to changes with how the match is being run. Now I'm just slapping it together. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
plan to try some olive drab, that's easy enough to do, easy enough to buy.

The level of car given this project since I started has dropped dramatically due to changes with how the match is being run. Now I'm just slapping it together.

Well, that's a bit of a bummer.

Hey, I would still love to see how it turns out, man. If you're so inclined. But I understand getting over things.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
So yeah... half way through I kind of gave up and just slapped it together. Which is probably for the best anyway, too much time and effort was wasted on it as is. Oh well, I'm sure everyone will get a chuckle out of it. I just hope it holds up to 200+ shooters fiddling with it for two days. The ammo tray is a little light weight for that hardig box.I was trying to save weight, which was a mistake.

I set it up yesterday evening for the match this weekend. We have some surplus camo netting and I thought about making a canopy over it. One because it would look cool. Big Grin But more importantly, Police aviation and the Air Guard are right across the street. Not sure how they'll feel about this anti aircraft gun being just off one of the runways. Eek

posted Hide Post
now swing by the toyota dealer
https://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-...-1024x682.jpg?1ac1b5

Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
One last update with non cell phone pics.

A few members of the West Point Combat Weapons Team.

Photo's by Glenn Chin Photography

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thats cool, makes me want to build a turrent battlement on the roof and install one of those..

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
You did a great job!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post