SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Minnesota's "North Shore"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minnesota's "North Shore" Login/Join 
Picture of xl_target
posted
Last month, I spent a few days hiking on the "North Shore" of Lake Superior.
On the Superior Hiking Trail you see some spectacular views.

Palisade Head From Shovel Point (Tettegouche State Park).

Bear and Bean lakes (Superior Hiking Trail/Tettegouche State Park)

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
So beautiful!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pictures. When I see things like this, I'm reminded of just how much of this great land I still have to visit.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My wife's family is from up there, from between Virginia City and international falls

Every other summer we would drive up there and spend a couple of weeks in August, visiting her family, etc

I always drove up over the UP into Duluth rather than through Chicago and up through Minneapolis because the country is so pretty. We would always stop Marquette and stay in a hotel that overlooked superior.

Unfortunately my wife's last immediate relative up there (her grandfather) died last fall....I don't know if we will ever go back now, which makes me a little sad.....it was such a huge part of the childhood of my two oldest sons....while my daughter probably won't even remember it

It is as pretty a place as I've ever seen

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:

I thought Lake Superior would be bigger.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Well.... it's all relative.
It depends on how big or.... little you are. Smile

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post