SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Dodge Charger Scat Pack
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dodge Charger Scat Pack Login/Join 
Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted
After owning only Ford products, I found myself in need of a car but no longer needing high gas mileage. I retired and no longer drive 68 miles round trip to work and back. My 2010 Ford Focus had 150,000 trouble free miles, but I wanted something bigger and more luxurious and with some power.

Looking to my favorite Ford dealer, the only option for me was the Taurus SHO. There are many things I like about it, but I find the styling not to my liking. The window line is too high for my 6'5" frame and the Performance Package requires tires not factory approved for below 40 degree use and where I live, it gets way below that.

I have liked the Dodge Charger for many years. The current 2018 model looks like a four door Mustang to me (I have a 2015 Mustang GT convertible as a fun summer car). Upon investigation, I found that the Charger Scat Pack, Daytona, and SRT models come with a 485 hp/475 torque 392 cubic inch V8. Wow!

The Scat Pack starts at just $39,999 and the Daytona is $45,000 and the SRT is $51,000. It sure sounded like the Scat Pack is the deal!

I test drove two of them and then ordered my car. I was surprised when the factory sticker price of $45,500 with the options I wanted was more than the dealer wanted for an ordered car. They said they'd have it built for me for just $41,000. Done deal!

It took just over 4 weeks for my Destroyer Grey with Red leather/suede interior to come in.

After a couple months of ownership, I am amazed at the ride quality (it has fixed shocks instead of the adjustable ones on the SRT) and the handling and the power. The ride is excellent. Firm but not jarring over bumps and RR tracks. The power is insane. The torque is crazy. The seats are comfy and I love the cooling feature during the current outside heat.

I did add a strut tower brace from Richard Petty's Garage (painted by them to match) and an oil catch can.

So far so good with my switch to Dodge from Ford....

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet ride. A friend of mine splurged for a Black SRT Hellcat, a 2016 IIRC. Insane is the word, for sure.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Big bore, naturally aspirated, Pushrod V8... those have wicked exhaust notes even from the factory.

Enjoy it. I think you optioned it very well!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking new car. I'm sure many fun times ahead.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that should do a hundred

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

It is interesting to note that there are only two American four door sedans left with V8 engines. The Charger is one and Cadillac is the other, but the Caddy starts at $88,000.

And to think there was a time when every American four door offered a V8.

When the Charger eventually switches over to the Alfa Romeo chassis, it may not offer a V8.

And when I say American, my Charger is built in Canada with an engine made in Mexico and the company is owned by Fiat in Italy.

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
That is one fine looking car you have there. That thing looks hot. I’m sure you will enjoy riding that machine. I have been dreaming and looking at the Hellcat version. I hope it will still be available when the time come when I can afford it (If that will ever come) Big Grin

Enjoy your new ride.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice ride!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sharp looking car, love the color combo!

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are nice rides. Local P.D. took one in on a drug trade Wink.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Beautiful car! I own a 2016 Challenger R/T. Not quite the hp as yours (5.7L and 376 hp) but such a smooth and powerful ride! Dodge really did the modern Charger and Challenger right! Congratulations on an awesome purchase!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Looks like fun. The wheels remind me of my buddies SRT-10. I didn't care for them until I realized two things
  • I can check the brake pads without removing the wheel
  • I can get my bear paws between the spokes and clean the inside of the wheels too.

Well optioned. If you didn't say the tower brace was added, I'd swear it came that way.

Some newer vehicles (Ford) make it a PITA to swap the radio. The 3 piece radio makes sense because...?

Okay, So I'd better stop looking or else I'll be heading to the local Dodge dealer... Big Grin

•  
    Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Very, very, very nice!!!

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Engraving is
    scratching
    on purpose
    Picture of mm6mm6
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by G-Man:
    Beautiful car! I own a 2016 Challenger R/T. Not quite the hp as yours (5.7L and 376 hp) but such a smooth and powerful ride! Dodge really did the modern Charger and Challenger right! Congratulations on an awesome purchase!

That's a handsome and fast looking Challenger you've got there in silver!

Engraving is
    scratching
    on purpose
    Picture of mm6mm6
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by .38supersig:
    Cool!

Looks like fun. The wheels remind me of my buddies SRT-10. I didn't care for them until I realized two things
  • I can check the brake pads without removing the wheel
  • I can get my bear paws between the spokes and clean the inside of the wheels too.

Well optioned. If you didn't say the tower brace was added, I'd swear it came that way.

Some newer vehicles (Ford) make it a PITA to swap the radio. The 3 piece radio makes sense because...?

Okay, So I'd better stop looking or else I'll be heading to the local Dodge dealer... Big Grin

• Head on over! The only problem I had was that the Scat Packs at a nearby dealer were fully optioned and were stickered at almost $50,000.

posted Hide Post
    Nice ride for sure. I am very fond of that color too. And I also like black rims. Great combination. When we took our current car in for its first service, my wife was drooling over the challenger demon. She is a huge motor/ gear head and loves to drive fast. I could see that gleam in her eye that tells me it may be her next ride

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Not One of
    the Cool Kids
    Picture of enidpd804
    posted Hide Post
    Hey, I know a guy who bought one of those! Wait...

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Three on, one off
    Picture of G-Man
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mm6mm6:

That's a handsome and fast looking Challenger you've got there in silver![/QUOTE]

Thank you! The color is called Billet Metallic.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Rumors of my death
    are greatly exaggerated
    Picture of coloradohunter44
    posted Hide Post
    Enjoy that beautiful car. You’ve earned it.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Nice. Looks comfy and FAST.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post