SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Bierocks!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bierocks! Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
Got my grandma's recipe this past weekend and made up a batch of 50. I remember eating these all the time as a kid. My Grandma, Mom and Aunt would make up several hundred of these on a weekend and we'd eat them all year long.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I had to do a Bing search to know what those are...I had never heard of them before...

They sound and look very tasty...Ima gonna hafta make a batch soon Big Grin

Thanks for posting Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I had to do a Bing search to know what those are...I had never heard of them before...

They sound and look very tasty...Ima gonna hafta make a batch soon Big Grin

Thanks for posting Smile

Yep.

Very easy to make.

2 heads of cabbage chopped fine
3 white onions chopped fine
2-3 scoops of fresh garlic
salt n pepper to taste.
3 pounds of lean burger. I use 90/10.

Cook burger set aside. Cook cabbage/onion/garlic in a skillet on low for approx. 1 hour. Add burger for another 30 minutes on low.

Set filling aside to cool. Make your dough and fill with 1/3 cup of filling. Tuck and pinch dough on the bottom. Glaze the tops with butter.

Bake 350 for 30 minutes. Cool, wrap in foil and freeze them.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Kind of like Hotpockets.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Kind of like Hotpockets.

Exactly! Only cheaper and not so much preservatives.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Those in the 'Yoop would recognize those as a relative of the Pastie

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Oh man! I'm so jealous. I'm too busy to cook these with work and family and I can't even get a Runza fix out east.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
At first sight, I thought they were corn dodgers like Rooster Cogburn was shooting in True Grit.. Big Grin. Those do sound very good.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Those in the 'Yoop would recognize those as a relative of the Pastie

And those in the Plains would recognize them as a relative of the Runza.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, back in Nebraska I think they have or had a chain called Runza House or something. Hot with a little yellow mustard on top. My wife makes them once or twice a year.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, your gonna have to get us a pic of one of them cut in half to really appreciate the beauty of those. They sound really good. Ich liebe Deutsches essen.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so what are we talking here? german food, czeck ?
One of those Fin dish's?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Alright, your gonna have to get us a pic of one of them cut in half to really appreciate the beauty of those. They sound really good. Ich liebe Deutsches essen.

Stay tuned

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
so what are we talking here? german food, czeck ?
One of those Fin dish's?

German.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
German.

Kinda. Originally Russian.

Adopted by ethnic Germans who had emigrated to Russia in the 1700s, known as Volga-Germans (because they established communities around the Volga river in Southern Russia).

Bierocks were then brought back to Germany and the US and popularized by Volga-German immigrants in the 1800s and 1900s.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post