SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Herr FrankenSIG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Herr FrankenSIG Login/Join 
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted
My favorite for now:

If anything looks wrong with it let me know so that I can talk to SIG and send it off to get it corrected. I dont really know because ive been outa the SIG game for quite awhile now. Back in my younger days it was either the classic P Series and the SigPro. That was it. Now there are so many variants. Ive had it for a couple weeks now and took it out to the range and am happy with it so far. No issues. But if anything looks odd let me know. TIA

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Nice 229. What caliber? I prefer the non E2 grips but that’s just a personal preference.

Glad you enjoy it. Have fun.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
Hey I hadn't seen ur reply. Sorry bout that. Its in .40. Maybe we should call them hybrids instead of Frankens.

This one here has those E2 grips, that old style slide with small serrations that doesn't even say stainless. A frikin roll pin instead of that little button lookin deal that normal 229 had. A barrel that doesn't even look like a genuine Sig barrel lol! It just says .40 SW and Sig Sauer on the opposite side lol. But dam does it ever shoot accurately! This one is a tack driver.

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
I suppose as long as it shoots well, why worry about the looks, it is a Sig after all.

I have a 229, came in .40, then later on I bought the .357 barrel.
I had the Wayne Novak treatment on mine, it is one fantastic shooter.
When I carry it, I use the Mitch Rosen ARG.
However, this great ensemble like most other of my pistols takes a rear seat to the almighty P365.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
Greetings, AJF. Lately I have considered getting the .357 barrel too. Am I correct that no spring swap is necessary? Just switch barrels and have at it?

Yeah the 365 seems to be the hot ticket in SIGs. Ive seen it. Have not tried it yet. There are a couple at the shop I go to. I guess I owe it to myself to try one.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The 357 will shoot to a different POI than the 40.

As an example, a 357 Sig sighted for 357 Sig shoots to its POA. Swapping the 40 S&W barrel requires that the POA be lower (you might call it a 6 o'clock hold) to hit the same POI.

So, if you put a 357 Sig into your 40 slide, you would likely shoot LOW and have to hold HIGH, covering the target.

Most people here speak that the difference is of no consequence at social distances. But, to me, it is obvious and easy to show at a range.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
Wow! First time im hearing of this! Thanks for that. Now I really want to get the .357 barrel to see for myself. I wonder if changing to no. 8 front sight would make any difference. Not that I would do it since this one came with no. 6 front.