SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Got new shooters belt....Lets see your gun\shooters\combat belt setup
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got new shooters belt....Lets see your gun\shooters\combat belt setup Login/Join 
posted

New belt is Esstac Shooter Belt 1.75 inch, is a double belt set with inner velcro belt(not shown). outer belt is super rigid, has thin metal strip between web layers, no twist, no sag, will not move once attached to inner belt. On the belt from left to right: HK style snap hook for gloves, Esstac 1+2 gap KYWI shorty mag pouch, Maxpedition mini dump pouch, Condor lite ripaway IFAK, Eleven 10 TQ case w\Sof-t w, Condor Lanyard (cant really see it tucked away, only use when over water or feel especially clumsy), S&W sw7s Tanto knife, Blade Tech Signature holster w\long drop and offset w\ custom shock cord retention holding a Sig P320 xcompact w\Romeo 1 pro. Really, really, really like this belt.

Next photo shows the metal band between webbing and then genuine Cobra buckle. The belt length is adjustable from either side of buckle. Length CANNOT be shortened because of the metal band and sewn velcro inside but can be lengthened by about 4 or 5 inches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigTango,

Posts: 364 | Location: Houston | Registered: September 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of stuff on a belt.

Mine's rather simple, and I usually don't carry the mag holder. 5:11 belt with a Comp Tac Warrior holster for my G19.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes ya need "a lot of stuff"....lol. This is light compared to some combat belts. I carry the rest on a plate carrier and a sling pack. Don't forget clean underwear and socks...lol

Posts: 364 | Location: Houston | Registered: September 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that the standard Meal Team 6 setup, these days?

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L90814:
Is that the standard Meal Team 6 setup, these days?

Not sure if you are being facetious, or if you just mistyped and meant Seal Team 6....regardless, my belt would be considered a "shooter's belt". (not a combat or battle belt) It's setup to practice holster draw, weapon transitions, mag changes, just basic running and gunning range stuff. Don't need the knife for any of that but since I like carrying a knife I want to practice with it there. Same with a plate carrier or chest rig....I move gear around until I am comfortable with it's location, then practice with it. Never know when ya got to reach for something in the dark......lol

Not an expert on Navy Seal's but I doubt open top mag pouches are very popular with them. I believe the military only issues closed pouches with flap closure. But with the Seals' ya just never know, especially Team 6 DEVGRU...they test all the new crazy stuff.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigTango,

Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigTango:

New belt is Esstac Shooter Belt 1.75 inch

Looks good! I'm in the process of setting up a belt myself. Tagging thread for inspiration!

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I added suspenders so I could wear the belt low on my hips.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
That's a lot of stuff on a belt.

Mine's rather simple, and I usually don't carry the mag holder. 5:11 belt with a Comp Tac Warrior holster for my G19.

Mine is along these lines. Simple 5.11 belt with a Comp-Tac holster and Comp-Tac mag pouches, although I like the single, separate mag pouches. I use two pouches for IDPA and four for USPSA. Add an AR pouch and shotshell holder for 3 gun, and I am feeling weighed down at that point.

SigTango, are you a policeman?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jhe888....in answer to your question.....No, I'm not an LEO. Just an old vet who enjoys the shooting sports. However, the enemy within is real, best to always be prepared.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Canvas. J.C. Penney. Three ninety-eight. You like.

(In Okinawa, belt mean no need rope to hold up pants.)

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I think I carried less in Logan Province Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Big C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigTango:
jhe888....in answer to your question.....No, I'm not an LEO. Just an old vet who enjoys the shooting sports. However, the enemy within is real, best to always be prepared.

Well said!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 105 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post