SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Went to the top of Mingus Mountain today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to the top of Mingus Mountain today. Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
Took my wife up Mingus Avenue to Allen Springs Road, to the top of Mingus. Went to the hang glider jump off point. I’m proud she was able to make it. The steep drop offs scare the bejesus out if her. Took almost two hours to get to the top as we had to go really slow. Took 89a home. Thirty minutes down the mountain. lol

Here are some pics from the top. I couldn’t post the panoramic pic as the file size was too large.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Awesome pictures! I love that area. Used to rip my Yamaha R6 from Scottsdale up to Jerome whenever possible.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently road the Mingus Mountain Byway back in September on my BMW R12GS. Fantastic ride and scenery from Jerome down to Prescott.

Posts: 1623 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we watched the hang gliders for 2 hours one day .

another time we saw so many flying around , we could not figure out how they all did not end up being wound up in a ball on the ground

it was scaring me and I was on the ground.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post