SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Leave the gun, Take the Cannoli
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leave the gun, Take the Cannoli Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I wanted to take a "still life" of my Detective Special reminiscent of "The Godfather" (or my interpretation of it).

DSCN1945 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Love the little Colt.
I have the same stiletto.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Nice collection. I also like the small Colt with holster. Don't have the stiletto.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Good pic Rolan...the pack of Camels and the Colt reminds me of my grandfather...he passed in 1962...but as a kid I can remember never seeing him without both in his pocket Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Good pic Rolan...the pack of Camels and the Colt reminds me of my grandfather...he passed in 1962...but as a kid I can remember never seeing him without both in his pocket Smile

When I smoked, I smoked Camels. I haven't touched one in over 15 years. This Colt was made in 1965.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah, nice pic! When I smoked it was Camels but that has been 17 yrs ago.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
No matter how crumpled the pack of Camels was, there always seemed to be an undamaged smoke buried in its folds.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post