SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Car Show Pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Show Pictures Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Neither the cars nor the photography are up to the standards of our Arizona friends, but it was pretty nice for a little show here in Maine. The theme was American Muscle and Custom Cars.

Hudson body, tube frame, what appears to me to be a 426 Hemi engine. Set up for drag racing I think.

Nice '40(?) Ford with a warmed up flathead. Gorgeous body.

There's more if anyone is interested, most of my pictures are of 60's/70's muscle cars because that's what I slobbered over as a kid.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to see them.
Back in the day, I ordered from the factory a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner to my specs.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
Would love to see them.
Back in the day, I ordered from the factory a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner to my specs.

PC

Not sure of the year, either a '69 or a '70 I'd say.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Last summer I was shopping with a friend to get some Ford 428 heads. I had a '69 and knew a little, so I decided to tag along.

There was a Shelby Mustang the guy drove there parked by the door. Inside looked like a time warp of Ford parts. The two things that stood out the most were the complete Offenhauser intake and carbs sitting on the shelf near the heads, and a side oiler 427 the guy was putting together.

Now if I wasn't broke at the time, I could have spent a small fortune that day...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Guy was just leaving or I'd have gotten more pictures. '65 GTO, 389 Tri-power, 4 speed. Make that a '66 and you'd have my absolute Holy Grail Car. I graduated from High School in '68 so I was right smack in the middle of the Classic Muscle Car Era.

And for the Ford Guys:

posted Hide Post
That is a 1970.
Mine was the 383 CID, 4 speed Hurst, Bronze Fire Metallic with two black stripes down the hood.
It was delivered to the dealer in November with 3 miles on it. I graduated High School in 1968.

PC

quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by PCWyoming:
Would love to see them.

PC

Not sure of the year, either a '69 or a '70 I'd say.

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
[

Nice '40(?) Ford with a warmed up flathead. Gorgeous body.

'39 by the grille, but I think that was the only distinction between those years, and a lot of guys swapped them according to their preference.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

More please

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Okay, since you asked so politely...

Olds 442. I worked at Oldsmobile from October of '68 to February of '69 (when I left for Navy boot camp) Could've bought a brandy new 442 or W30 for like $4000. Of course, I was making $3.65 so it would have been a stretch then too.

Nice 60-ish Vette. Not wild about the color but apparently it was a rare factory option (according to the literature on the car) as was the 283 with a pair of 4bbl carbs.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nice little gathering of some beautiful cars. I've been seeing a lot of early muscle cars around northern Kentucky. Then there are some very expensive exotics rolling around also. One guy here in the Richwood area has 5 Ferarris. I think I spelled that correct.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Nice pics. I hope you shot the breeze with the car owners. They love to talk about their cars.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post